Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
What do you charge for simple notary requests?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2011 Index

Posted by Stephany Redd on 7/17/11 2:09pm
Msg #389940

I have gotten calls to notarize dissolution of marriage, power of attornies and other simple 1 to 3 page acknowledgement requests. I always wonder if I am being reasonable with my fees. It's usually between $20-$30. I take into consideration time, gas and acknowledgement, etc. I usually will have the client meet me at a Starbucks in the area. I was just curious what some of you notaries charge for simple requests.

Thanks!

Reply by SouthernOK on 7/17/11 2:16pm
Msg #389941

State fee(s) allowed + travel + time = cost

Only you know the cost of your travel and time. (Smokey the Bear voice)

Reply by Eileen McRorey on 7/17/11 2:16pm
Msg #389942

I charge the state allowable signature fee and then a travel/expense fee depending on the distance traveled. I must say that I have earned far more the last two months on general notary work than on signings..... I am planning on expanding on that aspect of my business.

Reply by Stephany Redd on 7/28/11 12:44pm
Msg #391799

Thanks, Eileen. That's good to hear you are thriving in that arena. I always thought you could get the service for free from your bank. I guess everyone's situation is different and I found some folks don't bank locally.

Reply by ME/NJ on 7/17/11 2:18pm
Msg #389943

local GN work 35 till 8pm 50 after 8pm n/m

Reply by Tim Donahue on 7/17/11 7:32pm
Msg #389956

It depends on what your State allows to charge.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.