Notary Rotary
lower fees
Notary Discussion History

lower fees
Go Back to July, 2011 Index

Posted by Bill Hampton on 7/11/11 2:20pm
Msg #389343

lower fees

Just got a call from NCCI , Wanting me to travel 45 mins from my location to do an inspection, said I would travel that distance but my fee for this will be $ 50.00 dollars , got a call back said that they could only pay out $ 50.00 dollars , I told them thats what I was asking for then they started stubling with word as I told them to just find someone else. I guess there trying to make the big buck sitting on their can ( az ) while we do all the work , plus it was a fifty page report to send back , goes to show you whos making the money .

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/11/11 2:28pm
Msg #389346

Wow..you'd travel 45 minutes (which I take to be

45 miles minimum = 90 miles rt) AND submit a 50 page report for $50? At that rate I don't see ANYONE making any money..

Reply by Bill Hampton on 7/11/11 2:36pm
Msg #389350

Re: Wow..you'd travel 45 minutes (which I take to be

guess your rolling in the money , enough said

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/11/11 2:40pm
Msg #389351

I'm not rolling in money but I don't work at a loss either.. n/m

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 7/11/11 2:55pm
Msg #389354

Some haven't figured that out yet, Linda. n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 7/11/11 2:41pm
Msg #389352

ATLEAST $15 dollars for gas r/t

Reply by notary365MI on 7/11/11 3:44pm
Msg #389372

Ink costs $ XX. Gas costs $ XX. Time is priceless, but minimally costs $ XXX.... So, the sum total for that job is NEGATIVE $ XX. AKA no profit! Wow is right!

Reply by Scriba/NM on 7/11/11 3:55pm
Msg #389375

This is so typical of many notaries (mostly newbies). If professionals hold fast on our prices, and want to be paid for what we do, someone will inveribly say we are "rolling in money." That statement is unrealistic. What is even more unrealistic is that someone would spend an hour and a half of his/her time just driving, spending time "inspecting," then considering price of gas and paper and printing expense and the time to actually prepare the inspection report.......you can make more money pitching hamburgers at McDonalds. It's people like this that accept cheapskate rates, thereby making it impossible for normal notaries to even make a living in this business.

Reply by A S Johnson on 7/11/11 3:57pm
Msg #389376

Min would be $125. $15 for the e-doc printing, $50 for filling out the report, $60 for travel.

Reply by ajd/pa on 7/11/11 5:59pm
Msg #389389

I have been doing inspections for NCCI for many years and have found them to be very flexible with scheduling, time and distance. I will not travel beyond certains distances for them, due to the fees that they pay. But also, I have never had a 50 page report for them, the largest is around 10. Are yo usure it was just an inspection and not somthing else? I actually just got a call from them today for a distance of about 25 miles and I declined. Never have had any problems with them on that.

Reply by upnorth/AK on 7/12/11 9:21am
Msg #389441

I had a company I had worked for a few times call me yesterday and offer me what is usually my fee for receiving docs by UPS or Fed Ex. I said okay, so you are going to UPS the docs? They said no they will be emailed. I told her that would be an extra print fee like it had been in the past. She told me that her company is no longer authorizing a print fee. I told her okay, so you want me to do the same work for 3/4 pay? She said yes. I told her no thank you. Unbelievable.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.