Notary Rotary
1% tax on all your notary checks. thank you Mr Obama
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by CorpJen on 8/2/12 2:59pm
Msg #429120

ON JANUARY 1, 2013, THE US GOVERNMENT WILL BE REQUIRING EVERYONE TO HAVE DIRECT DEPOSIT FOR SS CHECKS.

WONDER WHY?

Subject: HR 4646

Be sure to read entire explanation

Watch for this AFTER November elections; remember this BEFORE you VOTE, in case you think Obama is looking out for your best interest.

A 1% tax on all bank transactions is what HR 4646 calls for.

Do you receive a paycheck, or a retirement check from Social Security or a pension fund and have it direct deposit??

Well guess what ... It looks as if Obama wants to tax it 1% !!!

This bill was put forth by Rep. Chaka Fattah (D-PA).

YES, that is 1% tax on all bank transactions - HR 4646, every time it goes in and every time money goes out.

Ask your congressperson to vote NO.

FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!

1% tax on all bank transactions ~ HR 4646 - ANOTHER NEW OBAMA TAX SLIPPED IN WHILE WE WERE ASLEEP. Checked this on snopes, it's true! Check it out yourself ~ HR 4646.

President Obama's finance team is recommending a one percent (1%) transaction fee (TAX). Obama's plan is to sneak it in after the November elections to keep it under the radar.

This is a 1% tax on all transactions at any financial institution - banks, credit unions, savings and loans, etc. Any deposit you make, or even a transfer within your own bank from one account to another, will have a 1% tax charged.

If your paycheck or your Social Security or whatever is direct deposit, it will get a 1% tax charged for the transaction.

If your paycheck is $1000, then you will pay Obama $10 just for the privilege of depositing your paycheck in your bank. Even if you hand carry your paycheck or any check in to your bank for a deposit, 1% tax will be charged.

You receive a $5,000 stock dividend from your broker, Obama takes $50 just to allow you to deposit that check in the bank.

If you take $1,000 cash to deposit at your bank, 1% tax will be charged.

Mind you, this is from the man who promised that, if you make under $250,000 per year, you will not see one penny of new tax.

Keep your eyes and ears open, you will be amazed at what you learn about this guy's under-the-table moves to increase the number of ways you are taxed.

Oh, and by the way, if you receive a refund from the IRS next year and you have it direct deposited or you walk in to deposit that check, you guessed it. You will pay a 1% charge of that money just for putting it in your bank.

Remember, any money, cash, check or whatever, no matter where it came from, you will pay a 1% fee if you put it in the bank.

Some will say, oh well, it's just 1%. Are you kidding me? It's a 1% tax increase across the board. Remember, once the tax is there, they can also raise it at will. And if anyone protests, they will just say, "Oh,that's not really a tax, it's a user fee"!

Think this is no big deal? Go back and look at the transactions you made from last year's banking statements. Then add the total of all those transactions and deduct 1%. Still think it's no big deal?

The following is copied from Snopes:

1. snopes.com <' target='_blank'>http://snopes.com/> : Debt Free America Act•••
Is the U.S.government proposing a 1% tax on debit card usage and/or banking transactions?
...It is true. The bill is HR-4646 introduced by US Rep Peter deFazio D-Oregon and US Senator Tom Harkin D-Iowa. Their plan is to sneak it in after the...
...moved beyond proposing studies and submitted the Debt Free America Act (H.R. 4646), a bill calling for the implementation of a scheme to pay down the...
...[2010] by Rep. Chaka Fattah (D-Pa.). His "Debt Free America Act" (H.R. 4646) would impose a 1 percent "transaction tax" on every financial transaction...
Wed, 02 Nov 201111:27:37 GMThttp://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/debtfree.asp <http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/debtfree.asp>

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 8/2/12 3:03pm
Msg #429121

This belongs in just politics! n/m

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 8/2/12 3:16pm
Msg #429124

And is also totally bogus. The link in the post

goes to Scopes , with the heading of "FALSE"
Once again, if one receives a chain email of this type, it is not necessarily true.
A stratement that it will effect your "notry checks": does NOT make it appropriate for the DW Forum.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/2/12 3:19pm
Msg #429125

Re: This belongs in just politics!

Yes it does belong in JP
However it is false.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/debtfree.asp

Reply by Hart - Marilyn on 8/2/12 4:07pm
Msg #429132

oh really!!!!! This is my pay check and this is where we get our business. The more we can learn about this tax.the better off we will be.
If you are so generous.........you can pay mine too!!!

Reply by MikeC/TX on 8/2/12 4:45pm
Msg #429134

"oh really!!!!! This is my pay check and this is where we get our business. The more we can learn about this tax.the better off we will be.
If you are so generous.........you can pay mine too!!!"

You might want to click on the links in the original message - there is no such tax, nor is there any serious chance of it ever being enacted.

If I recall correctly, the bill was part of an effort to eliminate the IRS and the Federal Income Tax; it was not intended as an additional tax, but the whole idea was so off the wall that it got zero support.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 8/2/12 3:20pm
Msg #429126

False-click your own link!! and yes this belongs in JPOL

It is amazing that people post such garbage and I definitely expect a higher level of intelligence from notaries.
Rep Peter DeFazio is one of the most honorable and tireless worker for the people that this just makes me steaming mad.
Here is his rebuttal link (easily found I might add if you bothered to look.)
http://www.defazio.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=642&Itemid=129

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 8/2/12 3:28pm
Msg #429128

Re: False-click your own link!! and yes this belongs in JPOL

I kinda agree with you, sigtoto. I realize there are allot of Obama haters on NR, but that's one thing. This post is quite another. It really does call into question the basic intelligence of the notary. Frankly, I think it's a "plant."

Reply by CorpJen on 8/3/12 7:50am
Msg #429200

get the entire story

However, it has been presented by 3 different democratic congressmen, but hasn't passed as yet. It was just re-submitted again, so it is obviously something they have their teeth into. It was also one of the methods discussed to fund Obamacare. To those who care about their income, this is not about politics, it is about our income.

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/3/12 8:41am
Msg #429202

Trans State = CorpJen ? ?

Let's see...I received a pm from Trans State defending the content of CorpJen's post.

In Msg #369237 Trans State adds an off topic political posting to this forum.

Trans State - Jim Coffey - are you CorpJen?

I can't tell you how many times an anonymous poster has pm'd me not knowing that their real name would be shown when the pm arrived. There are no anonymous PMs.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 8/3/12 9:31am
Msg #429213

who is JIM COFFEY? TRANS STATE? CORPJEN?

Brenda, I got that message too but it didn't identify a Jim Coffey. Am I missing something?

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/3/12 12:09pm
Msg #429246

Re: who is JIM COFFEY? TRANS STATE? CORPJEN?

I googled to find a website and locate the owner's name.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/3/12 12:29pm
Msg #429253

Re: who is JIM COFFEY? TRANS STATE? CORPJEN?

For a Florida company just need to go to www.sunbiz.org

Florida Profit Corporation
TRANS STATE SERVICES, INC.
Filing Information
Document Number P06000037955
FEI/EIN Number 113773219
Date Filed 03/10/2006
State FL
Status ACTIVE
Effective Date 11/24/2003
Last Event NAME CHANGE AMENDMENT
Event Date Filed 10/21/2010
Event Effective Date NONE

Principal Address
8224 DAMARA DRIVE
NEW PORT RICHEY FL 34653
Changed 01/07/2009
Mailing Address
8224 DAMARA DRIVE
NEW PORT RICHEY FL 34653
Changed 01/07/2009
Registered Agent Name & Address
COFFEY, JAMES F
8224 DAMARA DRIVE
NEW PORT RICHEY FL 34653 US
Officer/Director Detail
Name & Address
Title P
COFFEY, JAMES F
8224 DAMARA DRIVE
NEW PORT RICHEY FL 34653

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 8/2/12 6:08pm
Msg #429147

Blah...Blah...Blah... n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 8/2/12 6:18pm
Msg #429148

CorpJen has a long and unsavory history ...

... of posting such sewage. She has been called out on it even by her conservative colleagues, and she continues to do it. She just likes to post anything negative she can find, true or not, about her favorite target. I don't think she has any credibility in any quarter nowadays. Every now and then you will find one of the fringe rightwingers, as in this thread, who give her a pat on the back, but they, too, have lost most of their credibility.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/2/12 7:01pm
Msg #429156

Re: CorpJen has a long and unsavory history ...

"Every now and then you will find one of the fringe rightwingers, as in this thread,..."

who would that be? Don't be shy - name that person.

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/2/12 6:18pm
Msg #429149

Regarding CorpJen: Bless her heart. n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 8/2/12 8:50pm
Msg #429162

Can we please keep this kind of garbage off the forum!

I'm so tired of all the totally false info that's out there, but people are more than willing to spread it around. :-(

Reply by bfnotary on 8/2/12 9:04pm
Msg #429165

Re: Can we please keep this kind of garbage off the forum!

I could care less whether it is true or false, the truth is, obama is totally ruining this country, and will never get my vote. That is my 2cents.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/2/12 9:46pm
Msg #429169

bf: I like you better already! LOL n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 8/2/12 10:00pm
Msg #429173

Once again, let us all note ...

... that it is only the rightwingers who deliberately post this sort of thing in the non-political forums, and it is only their rightwing colleagues who cheer that sort of thing on.

Reply by bagger on 8/3/12 7:26am
Msg #429198

BS from Hugh Nations

Hugh, you know you yourself have posted JP material here on DW, so just knock off the right/left crap.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/2/12 10:15pm
Msg #429175

You're pretty new to this forum. We don't discuss

politics in "Discuss Work". There is a "Just Politics" forum for comments like this.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/2/12 10:16pm
Msg #429176

(meant for Bfnotary) n/m

Reply by bfnotary on 8/3/12 8:58am
Msg #429207

Re: You're pretty new to this forum. We don't discuss

I understand politics gets discussed in JP tab, however I am not the OP, so I just added my 2 cents.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 8/3/12 9:48am
Msg #429219

Really? you could care less whether it is true or false? lol

now thats a way to develope a logical belief system!

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 8/3/12 9:58am
Msg #429220

this comment was for BFnotary n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/2/12 11:36pm
Msg #429185

Thank you! I couldn't agree more!

It would be nice if people really did try to find the truth, rather than just spreading around whatever drivel supports their particular bias. Unfortunately, it's getting more and more difficult to separate propaganda from fact these days, so it takes an extra effort on each of our parts. Our democracy depends on truth and accurate information. And I believe we shouldn't assume the veracity - or lack thereof - of any statement based on where we heard it alone.

Thank goodness for sites like Snopes and Truth or Fiction! I no longer forward ANY email without checking it out myself, as I've seen so many written that were either distorted or completely bogus, with the sole intention of inflaming emotions rather than truly informing people. So sad...

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/2/12 11:38pm
Msg #429186

Just to be clear, this is a response to Marilynn's post. n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/3/12 8:31am
Msg #429201

This is a shameful

Who exactly is CorpJen? Anyone know? This is a CorpJen habit.

Trans State Services, Inc pm'd me to defend the post.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 8/3/12 9:21am
Msg #429209

Trans PM'd me too with CorpJen quote that Snope proved false

and doesn't identify him/herself. who is Jim Coffey? So now I am being spammed through Not Rot? You are right Brenda. It is truly shameful.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/3/12 9:33am
Msg #429214

Re: Trans PM'd me too with CorpJen quote that Snope proved false

Jim Coffey owns Trans State. As a company they have a good rating in SC. Whether it is Jim Coffey himself using the account on NotRot or someone who works with him I have no idea, but I now have them blocked.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 8/3/12 9:45am
Msg #429217

thanks Sylvia. Trans State does not show for me in SC

I looked up without being logged in and see the rating. seems incongruent that a company that floats bile on the forum and in PM's would have such a good rating.

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/3/12 10:57am
Msg #429224

If all is as it seems there is a good reason why CORPJEN

uses that anonymous name to post the slop.

I am a conservative; I have no time for ignorant, lazy thinking people who believe whatever comes into their email. So rude and so perpetually annoying.

CorpJen - you are rude to force this on our forum--keep it in the Jpol forum.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/3/12 9:29am
Msg #429212

Re: This is a shameful

Trans State Services PM'd me too.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/3/12 9:38am
Msg #429215

Re: This is a shameful

Hmm very strange that the PM I got from Trans State Services was exactly the same wording
as Corp Jen's message above (about getting the whole story), which begs the question is CorpJen actually Trans State Services????

Reply by MW/VA on 8/3/12 9:45am
Msg #429218

very wierd. I got the p/m too. n/m

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 8/3/12 10:09am
Msg #429221

Re: very wierd. I got the p/m too. Me too, Hey maybe

we can form a club and have a secret handshake, code names, and meetings.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 8/3/12 11:26am
Msg #429232

And Dues! Don't forget the Dues... n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 8/3/12 12:20pm
Msg #429252

ROFLMAO! I know what I don't venture over to the JP

forum. ;-)

Reply by HisHughness on 8/3/12 12:53pm
Msg #429256

Yeah, well, Trans State sent me a PM, too, but I'm special

I got called a "crotchety old man." I bet none of you warranted that.

It hurt a little bit, though. I've been demoted. Usually I'm a crotchety old son of b!tch.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.