Notary Rotary
A-freaking-mazing.
Notary Discussion History

A-freaking-mazing.
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Liz/OR on 8/15/12 3:30pm
Msg #430555

A-freaking-mazing.

First that they even approved my fee (and delayed the signing a day for doing so) . Then various updates to the system of course are messed up and trying to get docs from them for a couple hours, now all of a sudden last minute they want me to buy a page separator if I do not have a dual tray printer OR take about, eh, an hour or so sorting out letter from legal in the package, HA!

Any guesses as to who?

Reply by Les_CO on 8/15/12 3:40pm
Msg #430559

Is this a game board, or a work board? I could not care less, and sure ain’t going to guess. Ohhh pleeeease tell me whooooo!!!! Please, please, please pleeeaaase? Get enough attention yet?

Reply by Liz/OR on 8/15/12 3:54pm
Msg #430566

I am so sorry for insulting your highness by venting on this notary board. You are so much more special than piddly old me. I bet all your posts are SO much better than mine. I bet you are one of those people who get all the high paying jobs because you are super special!

Reply by HisHughness on 8/15/12 4:31pm
Msg #430574

Les, you/re gonna have to start getting more fiber. n/m

Reply by NJDiva on 8/16/12 11:34am
Msg #430691

Now, Now Les! What have I told you about the need to soften

your tone and come from a loving place?

These darn long timers, they have no patience...lmao

Sorry, but I wanna make light (yet not be flip) because not many of us share from a loving kind place ALL the time. I have certainly posted spontaneously, insensitively, unprofessionally, and offensively (not inferring that Les did ANY of those...lol...purely speaking for myself!!!) if I got an emotional charge out of a particular post. Like I've been told, try not take it personally.

Thank you for sharing that! I think it's incredible what these companies try and pull! It doesn't really matter to me who the company is either. Based on the other shares, I'm assuming this is a lowballing company that I wouldn't work for anyway.

I agree with Marian; invest in a dual tray printer. If you're going to take this seriously as a business, it's imperative that you have the tools of the trade. If not, then maybe this isn't the biz for you (in the third person...not you personally OP.) Even if the company allows you to print on one size paper, you will garner much more respect (and repetitive business) by sending the doc's back as:

1) they were sent to you

2) by printing on the right size paper

3) following their directions and guidelines.

Of course this is MY PERSONAL opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if I get slammed for that, but it's my experience I am sharing. I could care less how anyone else works their business. I try to perform and present myself in the most professional manner as I see fit.

Good luck to you.

Reply by NJDiva on 8/16/12 11:39am
Msg #430692

Oh and, it's not their problem...

if it's more work for you (in the third person) to have to print without a dual tray printer. They're assuming that they've contracted a business person that has the tools of the trade.

Of course, just my personal opinion; some would say 2 cents, I think with inflation, it's a good $1 at this point...if only in my own mind!

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 8/15/12 3:48pm
Msg #430562

Do you mean that page separator software??

Seriously... it seems they (Flex) are forcing their notaries to buy this useless piece of software. I know some find it useful if they lack the proper equipment.... but really, the same company pushing this tool, requiring the contractors to buy it is the one who developed it.

I know this sounds a bit harsh... but I'd far rather save the money on software (that goes back to the signing company as profit) and use the money to invest in a proper dual tray setup.

Reply by Lexie on 8/15/12 3:53pm
Msg #430564

Re: Do you mean that page separator software??

I have a dual tray, but never got it set up on new laptop. Can't find disc now. So I just print choosing correct size. While second copy is printing, I put first one together in order. I just put a clip on 2nd copy and leave for borrowers. I change the order of docs much of the time for expediency, so I don't see a problem, nor have been told it was an issue. Borrowers have all docs, I pull out instructions and ID conf. docs, and it is all good. Doesn't take more than an extra 5 minutes since I am waiting for the second print anyway.

Reply by Liz/OR on 8/15/12 3:55pm
Msg #430567

Thank you for the kind feedback.

Reply by walthtz on 8/15/12 6:02pm
Msg #430593

My suggestion is that if the company want us to have it so bad, let them supply it.
We get LOW fees & they expect us to buy their software.
Walt

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/15/12 6:06pm
Msg #430595

Great advice. And, BTW, thanks for cluing in the rest of us who won't work for the paltry fees they pay these days, so had no idea who the OP was talking about.

Reply by sueharke on 8/16/12 12:33pm
Msg #430703

I personally chose to purchase page separator software for my own benefit. I believe it will make my job of printing easier; hence, I don't buy for the benefit of the title company or signing service. Also, I can truthfully say that I have page separator software if asked if I have a dual tray printer (I have no space to put such a printer in small office). Plus the software is tax deductible as a business expense and the government shares my purchase price by how much I pay in taxes.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.