Notary Rotary
Accredited Law Group
Notary Discussion History

Accredited Law Group
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by James Gamblain on 8/22/12 4:01pm
Msg #431495

Accredited Law Group

Afternoon folks, Has anyone ever heard of Accredited Law Group? Just got a call from them for a RESPA and can't find anything about them.

Reply by dickb/wi on 8/22/12 7:04pm
Msg #431523

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=accredited+law+group&oq=accredited+law&gs_l=hp.1.1.0l4.2489.13999.0.17447.16.13.1.2.2.0.153.1532.0j13.13.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.d_OlWQsTMtA&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=324cbb6aa9d150f5&biw=1024&bih=581

there are 3 listings on this page of google......they also do loan mods and i would be careful.....it is against federal law to collect any funds up front when doing a loan mod, not that that is what they maybe had in mind but i get leary when any one professing to be a law group or legal group calls....jmho

Reply by Gina/VA on 8/22/12 7:17pm
Msg #431528

I received a call from them a few months ago and the scheduler originally led me to believe that it was refi. Once I received the docs, however, I saw that it was a loan mod and the borrower needed to provide over $3000 up front. I immediately called and canceled. He attempted to convince me to proceed. Again, I declined. Later in the late evening, an attorney contacted me asking why I was not at the signing which I replied I had already declined earlier with someone else in their office. He attempted to argue with me about the fact that he never received the message and that I needed to go out there anyway. I then attempted to explain when, where, and with whom i canceled this but he became even more outraged and began raising his voice, until he heard my lovely dial tone. He called back at least four times but was only met with my voice mail. The next day, the original scheduler called me and asked if I would go out there today and stated he did not recall our conversation from the day prior when I canceled. No problem for me since I followed up our phone call with an email which confirmed my canceling the day prior. I simply forwarded the email and haven't heard back from them. Stay away.

Reply by Karla/OR on 8/22/12 8:27pm
Msg #431546

These kinds of attorneys give the good ones a bad name. What a jerk! I love that you hung up on him when he became abusive. I'll bet he was so peeved when he kept calling back!!! :O)

I love, too, that you had your cancel confirmation e-mail!!!! That's one for Gina and zero for the attorney!!! :O)

Reply by rolomia on 9/4/12 11:20pm
Msg #433143

Hopefully, you will file a complaint against said legal firm with the state bar association where said firm is based, and also a complaint against the harassing attorney. Perhaps follow up said complaint with the attorney general, the better business bureau, etc.

Reply by KEL_NJ on 10/5/12 5:40am
Msg #437258

I have been contacted by this law firm to do a signing (modification) and after reading your comments, I have been fore warned. I sent them an email that I will not handed their signing unless they pay me in advance (thru my PayPal.com account). Thank you brother/sister notaries, you've saved me time, money and heart/headache.

Reply by Deborah Brooks on 11/7/12 5:26pm
Msg #442548

Just received a call from them asking me to do one tomorrow Nov 8th, however the confirmation they sent stated appointment was for November 1, and today is November 7th. When I called the contact number, the gentleman was short and abrupt, then I got a call on my other line from the scheduler. I ask him to send revised confirmation and to show the fee. Then I check here and sent them an email requesting payment be sent to my paypal account. The scheduler called and stated they did not have a credit card and that I should provide them my bank account info. Thanks for the Heads up.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.