Notary Rotary
Always be prepared
Notary Discussion History

Always be prepared
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by DaveCA/CA on 8/29/12 7:25pm
Msg #432437

Always be prepared

I read an interesting article in the Reader's Digest September 2012 magazine. I'll try to link here. Sorry if it doesn't work. http://www.rd.com/true-stories/survival/survival-stories-hot-thirsty-and-lost-in-death-valley/?trkid=channel

It made me think of Marian_CA and others who are out in the boonies. Wow, never go too far without a full tank of gas and always have some provisions with you. Just saying we need to always alert others to our where abouts and double-check directions when possible. During the summer, my car (prius) can get so hot during a signing. I try to always park where I think the shade will be in about 1/2 hour so that I can have some relief when I get back in. I know this story is extreme but we need to always be prepared.

Reply by DaveCA/CA on 8/29/12 8:03pm
Msg #432439

should have said who travel to boonies n/m

Reply by BrotherOwner on 8/30/12 2:17pm
Msg #432552

Re: try this

Dave, try a windshield sun blocker. I prefer the aluminum foil (reflects) looking type. Folds long and flat to store in back seat/floor. Eco friendly (TEE HEE, no batteries!) Seriously, keeps the car interior, seats/metal rails/steerring wheel, cooler so it cools down quicker, keeps interior from fade, and other benefits. Always then park TOWARDS the sun for max benefit. I use it every day. $5-$10 walmart/Kmart/Sears auto/ Most auto parts stores.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.