Notary Rotary
American Signing Connection Bums
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by sst911 on 8/30/12 10:47am
Msg #432495

Well I did it again. I let a smooth talking signing service scammed me into taking a signing without checking SC. 50+ days out from signing I drove an hour and printed a large package, now I'm getting unanswered emails, and phone calls. You would think that I would learn. These CROOKS are out of Cummins GA. BBB has them out of business. I will be notifing Title then my attorney.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 8/30/12 10:53am
Msg #432497

sst911: It's ok to say no at times.

Reply by sst911 on 8/30/12 11:04am
Msg #432499

Thanks Yoli, I know. The last company to screw me over was from GA a well. May be the same bunch of scammer with a different name.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/30/12 11:15am
Msg #432503

It probably won’t get you your money, but I would definitely let the title company know. Someone there gave this deadbeat the job,(and probably paid them) and they need to know not to use them in the future. But if this was on a GA property, I don’t understand how this could happen, or your involvement? Because now the disbursements, on a GA property must come from the attorney’s account that presented, or supervised the actual signing.JMO

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/30/12 11:17am
Msg #432505

Since so many signing services have payment issues, I had to establish some parameters when accepting work from them. I will only do LOCAL closings for signing services - I keep it in my zip code. I travel longer distances only for established title company clients and a few select signing service clients that have a good track record with me. And as you already said, checking SC is a must every time.

Reply by Gina/VA on 8/30/12 1:00pm
Msg #432528

After being in business for almost 9 years, I have just started to implement this same rule: the majority of signing services I will only conduct closings in my city, but there are a handful of clients that have a good track record with me which I have been performing closings for several years that I will extend my travel distance.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.