Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Another company now has the silent ringtone....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by bfnotary on 8/6/12 8:52pm
Msg #429582

Ha, ND called me and asked me to go to a signing, for 30 bucks, mind you, this signing was also an hour and a half drive one way. I told the lady I wouldn't do a signing for 30 bucks if it was right next door. I told her my fee.. and she said, we could never pay you that. We are only charging them 90....lol. Well that is their fault. And then I thought about it and was like...OMG, they offer 30 and they getting 90.. how is that right, them offering 1/3 the fee, and them keeping 2/3... I guess they will surely get what they pay for. lol. I wish TC's would use more reliable sources... They get the cheap SS, they are going to get cheap notaries, that don't know anything.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/6/12 9:30pm
Msg #429586

I have been told that ND’s standard fee in my area is $150. Not what they pay, what they charge title.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 8/7/12 2:36am
Msg #429593

Does anyone really believe that they only charge title $90

for a normal refi in any part of the country???

Any company that offers $30 for a refi to NSAs and is bold enough to tell the NSA that the company charges title 3 times that fee for calling the person that would be doing the actual work is, imo, 1) not looking for a professional and 2) must think that the people they are calling have to have help from 2 other people to fog up a mirror if it were placed directly under their nose.

Imo, any such company making these kinds of calls, has no respect for the NSA or their own clients. Let's face it, they are looking for a person that is too slow to realize they just told them they thought he/she is ignorant enough to preform the signing for 1/3 of what is more than likely, a fake lowball amount of $90, which would end up costing the NSA money to complete.

Reply by bfnotary on 8/7/12 6:06am
Msg #429595

Re: Does anyone really believe that they only charge title $90

ya I mean, why in the world would they ask someone to go an hour and a half one way for 30 bucks. I pray to god that there aren't any notaries that dumb...

Reply by PRA Notary Services, LLC - Susan Fawcett on 8/7/12 8:26am
Msg #429601

They are good for those starting out.. Learn from them then within a couple months. FINISH.. LEAVE.. I think they know that they are only keeping the newbies.. I told them myself to not even bother contacting me anymore .. I just can't do it for them and I don't need my hand held either anymore.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/7/12 11:44am
Msg #429629

They are NOT good for anyone. They demean everyone in this business. They undercut the good SS (fair paying) so they can’t compete. They give nothing (advice, help, knowledge, or service.) to anyone. They are unconcerned about the notaries they contract with. They care nothing for the borrower or what kind of service they get for their money. They are ONLY concerned with their PROFIT. And it is my opinion that even a newbie, trying to do on-the-job-training deserves to be paid adequately for a job done correctly. Meaning that they get something for their time after covering all the expenses related with doing this job. And $30 or $60 does NOT cut it! Maybe $85 to $100 if it’s a small package, and a single signer, and across the street. Anything less that that is a money loser, you may as well stay home. JMO

Reply by jojo_MN on 8/7/12 1:17pm
Msg #429652

More than once in the past where the signing service will say, $XXX? We only receive $65 for this closing. It is only a couple miles from you and a few pages. Could you PLEASE do this for $60? Okay. Sure, just this once. Hmmm. Receive an invoice for $150 for my service. I no longer will budge for any of these companies. They pay my fee, or they can "get fee approval" from the next sucker down the line.

I was also told by one of my title companies that they can no longer be using me directly if I don't lower my fees and that they will need to go to Nations Direct for their notaries. I told them that I charge the same amount to signing services that I do to signing services, so it doesn't make sense to go to one because then they will have to pay even more. They did call me back again.

I work for quite a few signing services that I appreciate very much; however, I have also more than once been told that the SS (not my favorite SS) are only making $10 more than me, but had the invoice sent to me by accident showing their fees as $200+ when I was only getting paid $100. The title companies should be breaking down their fees on the HUD showing how much the signing services are getting paid. That would really stop a lot of this low-balling!

Reply by Les_CO on 8/7/12 3:53pm
Msg #429676

The ONLY way to stop low-ball fees is NOT to take them. It’s not the low paying companies fault; it’s the notaries fault for accepting low fees. As long as someone will take low fees someone will offer them.

Reply by rolomia on 8/8/12 3:45am
Msg #429759

Simple Economics 101: When supply exceeds demand, as it does in the NSA business, we can expect progressively-lower fees. At last survey, Arkansas still had the highest concentration of notaries per capita in the U.S. As a result, I've been turning away more low-paying assignments then I ever have before in the last 7 years. I even received a call last week for a signing that also only paid $30. I wonder if it was the same company mentioned in this thread's first post? I haven't had a signing that paid more than $100 since last year. I'm now looking for other work to supplement my notary income, or to replace it, if this unfortunate trend continues, as I fear it may : (

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.