Notary Rotary
Beware of Safir Signing Services
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Janice Thomas on 8/18/12 7:29am
Msg #430909

If you have received any checks from this company, it would be to your best interest to take it directly to the bank it's drawn from and pay the extra cash to get it cashed. I deposited my check and am now getting hit with a fee for a non-sufficient fund check. I am still waiting for the replacement check which I probably won't get and Shannon Smoot's calls to do more signings will continue to go unanswered. I had to get the title company involved to get the darn check and he sends a rubber one! I will calling the title company on Monday, again!

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/18/12 7:31am
Msg #430910

See Msg #429195

Reply by MW/VA on 8/18/12 9:18am
Msg #430917

Old news. If you check SC under Safir or Genuine Title

you will find they have a long history of poor payment practices.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/18/12 10:02am
Msg #430927

Do any of the regulars have any idea ...

... what size fees Safir offers his signers? Before I sympathize witth the poster, I'd like to know that she isn't accepting $60-80 assignments from a known deadbeat.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/18/12 10:25am
Msg #430931

Re: Do any of the regulars have any idea ...

I don’t think it matters, because he has no intention of paying anyone. I believe that at one time his standard offer was $90( back when he supposedly "owned" Genuine Title (as he posted here) I would not accept that so he (Ms. Smoot) accepted my counter of over $100, but it was of no matter because they never paid anything. It’s my opinion that if you said $3000, they’d say okay! (and just laugh when they got off the phone)JMO

Reply by ToniK on 8/18/12 3:27pm
Msg #430966

Re: Do any of the regulars have any idea ...

They accept whatever fee you say. I got a call from them and said $125 and Shannon accepted (I didnt hear the name of the company cuz I was driving) but when I got the confirmation email, I called back and said HELL NO! Not this notary!

Reply by supersigner on 8/18/12 11:45am
Msg #430936

I got a "good" check from them. I had to pick it up 2 states away but they did give it to me and it was cashed at my bank. If I didn't go to their office, I am sure i would still be waiting.

Reply by Buddy Young on 8/18/12 12:47pm
Msg #430943

I can't believe, after all that has been posted about this company, people are still taking signings from Safir.

I sympatize with the original poster, but you are not going to get paid.

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 8/18/12 4:00pm
Msg #430971

Consider turning the check into your back on a collection basis.

Different banks operate differently, but my bank will allow me to take a bounced check and resubmit it on a collection basis. What they do is check the other person's account on a daily basis and the minute the other account has sufficient funds to cover the check my bank will literally GRAB THE MONEY for me. It is just one of the many ways to collect.

I do not know what the laws are in MD, where Safir is located, but if a SS in CA bounces a check they are liable for triple the face amount of the check if they do not send an immediate replacement or cover the check and tell you to redeposit.

If a ss cannot cover their checks during this booming market, it is likely they are not going to be around for very much longer.

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 8/18/12 7:09pm
Msg #430983

Agree; Safir + Genuine Title = the new SOX. Sad - smh. n/m

Reply by NotaryOH on 8/18/12 8:10pm
Msg #430986

call Jay Zukerberg-President of Genuine Title 443-738-3400

On 8/3/12 and 8/6/12, I followed up several times with the LO and Jay Zukerberg on a signing completed 6/12/12 for Safir Signing. I accepted the signing on the basis that Shannon Smoot promised payment with in two weeks. When payment didn't arrive, I called Jay. Jay issued the hand written check (back-dated) and replied to my email saying, "If you email me again, I will stop payment on the check." However, at least he issued it and lesson learned, I will never ever, ever do signings for Genuine Title or Safir again in my lifetime. Jay's contact info is below:

Jay Zukerberg, President
11155 Dolfield Blvd
Suite 100
Owings Mills, MD 21117
443-738-3400 Direct
443-738-3401 Fax
[e-mail address]

Reply by Virginia/PA on 12/29/12 12:34pm
Msg #448080

They are now closed I believe.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.