Notary Rotary
Boston National title/Precision Signing Services
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by granmapickle on 8/24/12 9:35am
Msg #431821

Thanks everyone for the information on dealing with this situation the other day. I was in contact with Boston National and spoke with Karen who immediately corrected the situation and informed me they were no longer using Precision (which we already knew). She could not have been more professional or cooperative and even sent me a copy of the check they were issuing as payment to me before it went out. If more title companies would respond like Boston National when these issues come up this would be a much easier process when we don't get paid.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/24/12 9:46am
Msg #431823

I just wish after this fiasco the title companies would

contract directly with us - althought I admit there ARE some good SS's out there, there's too many not-so-good. A database of strong closers within the TC system is worth its weight in gold - and worth paying a couple schedulers within the system a fair wage to develop, manage and maintain.

JMO and my wishful thinking.. Smile

Reply by Les_CO on 8/24/12 10:46am
Msg #431830

Re: I just wish after this fiasco the title companies would

I don’t think that’s going to happen. Remember the Signing Company’s ‘service’ is totally free to Title…it costs them nothing, and saves them a bunch in time and money. WE all could be more proactive in the process of weeding out the deadbeats if EVERY time someone does NOT get paid they notify the title company in writing that their vendor (sub-contractor) is a cheat, and a thief. Not just come here and whine but to let others involved know. Don’t get me wrong I applaud all that post problem payers here, just don’t only do it here, let Title know. As I said in an earlier post I also think that the insurance regulators should be made aware of this continuing problem. It is my opinion that title companies that continually use nonpaying SS do have at least some responsibility in checking on their vendors/sub-contractors, and to not use those that know are problematic, or are out-and-out thieves. JMO

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/24/12 3:50pm
Msg #431878

Les is right. Let Title know they've hired a deadbeat SS n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 8/24/12 10:12am
Msg #431826

are you saying that they are paying you direct? Sounds like n/m

Reply by Les_CO on 8/24/12 11:03am
Msg #431835

A good reason not to take “farm-outs.” The Title Company most likely thought Ortiz was doing the signing, so they called him, he farmed it out, and kept the money, (as he’s apparently done many times) and someone finally let them know that this guy is a liar and cheat and that they are getting a bad reputation by using him. We all should do this…we must let the title companies know if there is a problem with one of their vendors. JMO

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 8/24/12 11:56am
Msg #431844

The bulk of these were not 'farm outs' Les. If you check back on previous postings you'll find that the posters were from FL, VA, PA, MO and many other states. He is an equal nopportunity crook.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/24/12 12:12pm
Msg #431850

Thanks for the correction. …I saw that he’s FL notary, and another FL notary was cheated. I thought that he was farming out his orders (some do). Just another of the many deadbeats out there, I wonder what he’ll call his new company when Title stops giving this one orders? Don’t these title people ever check on their sub-contractors to see if they are enabling thieves? Do they bear no responsibility?

Reply by ME/NJ on 8/24/12 3:04pm
Msg #431869

Bulk of Boston Nat work comes from Now Closings now n/m

Reply by NJDiva on 8/24/12 3:45pm
Msg #431874

Now Closings, from what I understand is being replaced by

The Closer, LLC. If I understand correctly, their payment structure is going to be different than most of us are used to. Pablo says it's going to be more beneficial to us. From what I understand, they'll be taking over ALL of Boston's business.

But I really do wonder why title is so quick to pay the notaries that weren't paid? Do you think they would be so gung-ho to pay for the same closing twice? hmmmm just wondering...

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/24/12 5:42pm
Msg #431887

I got their signup package

"Pablo says it's going to be more beneficial to us." - really

Base fee - $90

Preferred fee $95

Dress code sounds like they're dealing with a bunch of grade-schoolers - Women: skirts no more than 2" above knee - now pray tell, just WHO is going to be there to measure???

27 pages. I need to look it over a bit closer. I like Pablo too..

Reply by Les_CO on 8/24/12 5:52pm
Msg #431889

Re: I got their signup package

I’d ask Pablo and The Boston Title offices just what he is charging them, to provide well dressed, skilled NSA’s, to do these closings…..any guesses? I suppose if he pays anything it’s better than Ortiz….But fare is fare! And fair pay for a good job done will keep us all in business.JMO

Reply by MW/VA on 8/24/12 8:13pm
Msg #431913

Interesting. I've done a lot of work for NOW & have

gotten calls from the "new" co. I was already booked, so I haven't done any work with them yet. I'm not lowering my fees. These are usually BofA loans with all those PIA pages of closing instructions (at least 28 pages). Sounds like they are needing to cut prices in order to get the work. I'm curious about the breakup of Alex & Pablo.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/24/12 9:19pm
Msg #431924

My understanding is Palbo is handling Boston National's

SunTrust Mortgage loans - from what I've heard packages are reasonable....100 pages or less.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/25/12 8:31am
Msg #431961

Yes, I don't know how I forgot about the SunTrust loans.

They are cleaner pkgs. that BofA.

Reply by Candice Russell on 8/29/12 9:22am
Msg #432358

I turned to Boston National after being burned by Aurelio Ortiz of Precision Signing. Everyone at Boston National Title, from Joanna who answered my initial call, to Jared, who answered every single email, to Karen, who went above and beyond on my behalf. Jared showed empathy and concern from beginning to end. Karen was friendly, efficient, professional and a real pleasure to deal with. Do not go after the title company because of one unscrupulous signing service. Once they were aware of Mr. Ortiz's business practices they set out to correct each and every problem. Thanks, Boston National Title!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.