Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Charlotte, Denver, Phoenix, San Diego I want your help!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Roosevelt Hooker on 8/7/12 11:14am
Msg #429622

Any notaries in these areas looking for some additional income when signings are slow? Please message me. The only reason why I am posting on here is because I know that you all are professional and have excellent people skills. I have been doing signings for over 5 years and the income has been great, but I just partnered with a company that has a lot to offer and if you are in those cities I am sure you have seen our commercials and billboards for LegalShield. This is a great asset to NSAs in various forms. If you message me I will send you a link to get some info.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/7/12 11:17am
Msg #429623

Reported as advertising n/m

Reply by Roosevelt Hooker on 8/7/12 11:24am
Msg #429624

Does that make you feel better to do that?

Reply by Roger_OH on 8/7/12 11:34am
Msg #429627

You seem to be OK with disrespecting the rules...

for the board, so take the consequences.

Reply by Calnotary on 8/7/12 11:36am
Msg #429628

Re: You seem to be OK with disrespecting the rules...

I like your last name, hooker.

Reply by LKT/CA on 8/7/12 12:00pm
Msg #429631

To Roosevelt Hooker

This is a discussion forum to discuss and share notary related subjects. It is NOT craigslist to post "want ads". If you have an opportunity you believe can be of benefit to some, then click on their profiles and contact them via THEIR email. Your post IS advertising and violates the rules of this forum.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 8/7/12 1:00pm
Msg #429646

But wait! There's more. Buy one, get one free!

As ad go, this one is particularly cheesy.

Reply by Roosevelt Hooker on 8/7/12 2:02pm
Msg #429660

2 reasons

The point of the post was 2 reasons.
1) many NSAs have trouble collecting fees from SS companies and spend time going back and fourth trying to collect their check. When they could be spending that same time doing signings or furthering their businesses. Hence, I said it is a great asset to NSAs especially for debt collection or getting advice on something you are not sure about instead of having to spend time googling the answer.

2) Many people are full time, but when signings get slow typically there is a dip in their income for that month. Many notaries I run across are looking for something they can do that won't interfere or clash with their business, but they can still generate income ethically. I just wanted to help. Especially in those 4 areas.

If you took offense to this post you could have sent a personal message instead of wanting to engage in bickering. If you have time to comment on something that is of no benefit to you or something that you aren't interested in then obviously you have entirely touch time on your hands and I suggest you take some of that time and go to Signing Central and enroll with more companies.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 8/7/12 2:16pm
Msg #429661

WOW! Sign me up!

With that attitude I'd just love to do business with you! Yes, Ms. Bully, here's my credit card into for whatever you're selling! You're obviously a winner!

You can whine and snipe and bully people all you want on this board, but the fact that you are violating one the First Rule of NR still isn't penetrating your thick head, despite being told at least three times. What is it you don't get? "DO NOT ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ...".

And FYI, I for one, am not interested in enrolling in more companies, I have more than I can handle now. But thanks for the "free" advice on how to more productively use my time. (I assume it's free; can't be sure with you). And BTW, if I had to collect any past due amounts (which I don't), I certainly wouldn't use your "services," and I certainly wouldn't pay to have someone do it for me. Nor would most notaries. So, go take your "helpful" sales pitch somewhere else.

Reply by Roosevelt Hooker on 8/7/12 2:30pm
Msg #429664

Re: WOW! Sign me up!

Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed :-)

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 8/7/12 2:41pm
Msg #429667

Re: WOW! Sign me up!

Ooooh, good one! You got me there! Never heard that comeback before. So funny! So original. (BTW, I'm still in bed).

In any case: I do have to hand it to you. Not only do you not give a patootie hoot that you are in violation of the no-advertising rule, you have now very cleverly connived a way to expand greatly on the alleged value of your services/products by responding to other posts. Maybe you will win Saleswoman of the Year, yet!

Reply by LKT/CA on 8/7/12 2:36pm
Msg #429666

Re: 2 reasons

<<<If you took offense to this post you could have sent a personal message instead of wanting to engage in bickering. If you have time to comment on something that is of no benefit to you or something that you aren't interested in then obviously you have entirely touch time on your hands and I suggest you take some of that time and go to Signing Central and enroll with more companies.>>>

The title of your OP should have been: "Charlotte, Denver, Phoenix, San Diego I want your MONEY!"

The issue has nothing to do with anyone "taking offense". Your post violates the forum policy - what part of that don't you understand? As I stated, approach members here PRIVATELY and offer your services. You publicly violate the forum rules, therefore, you get publicly called out on it, period. A public reprimand sends a messages to others that such posts and violation of the rules won't be tolerated. If the forum owner allowed advertising, this board would be saturated with multi-level marketing and get-rich-quick schemes that would drown out notary talk.

<<<If you have time to comment on something that is of no benefit to you or something that you aren't interested in then obviously you have entirely touch time on your hands and I suggest you take some of that time and go to Signing Central and enroll with more companies.>>>

LOL!! {no comment}

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/9/12 3:31am
Msg #429842

Re: 2 reasons

Your first post was bad enough, but this is just out right self-promotion (after being told it was against the rules) and highly inappropriate, even if you had the best of intentions. It doesn't matter how wonderful you feel your service is. Your bringing it to this forum is showing disrespect to the members. I would have thought that after being told that this sort of thing wasn't allowed here that you would at least have had the decency to apologize to the membership. Instead you've responded with more of the same, plus insults to some of the folks who replied to your advertisement! Not too smart, in my opinion. You're not winning anyone over that way, as someone else said.

If this is how your organization teaches you to recruit other people, I want no part of it. Wait... I take that back. I want no part of it regardless! Besides, I've been approached about prepaid legal so many times, it makes my head hurt. One person even had the audacity to refer to all the people whose contact information I had in my journals as potential clients!!! BAAAAD IDEA! I could say more, but I think I'd better quit now before I say something I'll regret later. [I'm not in the best frame of mind this evening, in case you couldn't tell...]

Reply by ME/NJ on 8/7/12 1:07pm
Msg #429649

Maybe VA company looking for Webcam Notaries n/m

Reply by rolomia on 12/4/12 4:51pm
Msg #445522

Re: Maybe VA company looking for Webcam Notaries

Speaking of webcam notaries...I stumbled upon a website last nite that offers online notarizations to clients who live anywhere. Said website states that such notarizations are legal. Is this the likely trend? If so, then, you know that it's only a matter of time before Secretaries of State allow off-shore/foreign notaries to process notarizations remotely from other countries, right?

If I didn't know better, I might believe that attorneys/lawyers are behind this movement since they may have potentially been deprived of income that we earned by affording TC's SS's a lower-cost option to attorney-only closings. JMHO

Reply by HisHughness on 8/7/12 3:38pm
Msg #429673

Okay, everybody, now that you've seen Roosevelt Hooker's ...

... true character, as show in this thread, how many are interested in signing up with him?

Reply by CJ on 8/7/12 4:03pm
Msg #429680

We are all law-abiding notaries.

. . . and because we are all sticklers for the law, we do not tolerate rule-breaking on this forum.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.