Notary Rotary
Chase Loan-Property in Florida but signing in CA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by leeinla on 8/24/12 5:35pm
Msg #431885

I have done one Chase loan so far. Do they have to sign all copies of their tax returns. Is their anything else that I need to know? It is an investment property.

Thanks,

L.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/24/12 5:39pm
Msg #431886

Some Florida counties require witnesses on mortgage, despite Florida law not requiring it. Check with title about witness requirements.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/24/12 5:55pm
Msg #431891

AND, if witnesses are required, make sure they print their

names under their signatures.

I always forget to mention that and Sylvia always has to correct me. Got it this time. Smile

Reply by Luckydog on 8/24/12 5:56pm
Msg #431892

Yes, have them sign all signature pages on tax returns. What happens is their CPA filed, and they never signed, so they have to have a signed copy, and you can date it for the day they are signing.

Reply by leeinla on 9/1/12 5:13pm
Msg #432770

Thanks for all your answers. Called title, and they wanted two witnesses since it was being recorded in Florida. I just want to verify something here, it is usually not a good idea for the notary to act as a witness while notarizing the same document. Thanks for all your help.

Reply by leeinla on 9/1/12 5:24pm
Msg #432771

From reading the forms in Notrot, the notary can be one of the witnesses. Doesn't that create a conflict of interest?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/1/12 5:34pm
Msg #432775

Conflict of interest - no. If it were you couldn't notarize

it either.

You have no interest in the transaction - you saw them sign - you witness.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.