Notary Rotary
Companies that don't pay.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Anne McBride on 8/20/12 9:22pm
Msg #431249

Why do so many companies feel it is ok to just pay less than agreed? I had a company call me Friday night and BEEEEEEEEG me to do a last minute closing. He kept increasing the offer rate. I told im to try to hire another notary but he said he had tried and everyone turned him down He begged and begged. I finally said yes to $150. Today he called to thank me and let me know he changed his mind an I would only get his original $100. Unflippingbelievable!

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/20/12 9:28pm
Msg #431250

If you don't name the company or link, why post? n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 8/20/12 9:41pm
Msg #431253

Do you have his written confirmation of your terms? Is he in your state? (hopefully) Keep it and hound him through eternity.

Reply by LKT/CA on 8/20/12 10:56pm
Msg #431267

<<< I told im to try to hire another notary but he said he had tried and **everyone turned him down** He begged and begged.>>>

The fact that *everyone* turned him down and he had to beeeeg should have been a glaring RED FLAG. He sounds like a lowball company and I warn people about accepting work from companies that are lowball. In desperation, they'll agree to ANY fee you quote and IF you get paid at all, the check will be shorted down to a lowball fee.

<<< Today he called to thank me and let me know he changed his mind an I would only get his original $100.>>>

Another trick desperate lowballers will attempt is to agree verbally to your fee, then send you the confirmation with the lowball amount they want to pay and hope you don't pay attention to the confirmation email.

What this company's name? I'm sure reviews will state they are lowballers/nonpayers. Regardless of when/where you accepted the signing, always, always review a company's track record by looking in Signing Central and using the orange search button ***before you print docs***. If they have bad reviews, call/email them and give the signing back and never again accept a desperate caller who says "everyone turned him down". Don't ignore red flags or you'll be completing signings for free.

Reply by Karla/OR on 8/21/12 2:47am
Msg #431285

How low can you go - and I'm not talking about the fee! n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 8/21/12 8:28am
Msg #431291

Please name the co. & where they're located.

I agree that was about the lowest trick I've heard of. :-(

Reply by janCA on 8/21/12 8:39am
Msg #431293

Re: Please name the co. & where they're located.

Report him to the title company, let them know how unethical this business is. And I would definitely out him on this board. Get the word out.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/21/12 9:46am
Msg #431304

IMO that stunt is only as low and as effective as the

OP lets it be - in a situation like this, providing I have a written confirmation of fee in hand, I'd be very proactive from the getgo - this person would know they played the wrong game with the wrong person. I'd advise title, AND I'd be drafting small claims paperwork.

That is, providing all else is in order - no mistakes were made, no agreements to the contrary were in place, etc etc

Reply by jba/fl on 8/21/12 9:47am
Msg #431305

Another post and leave person (OP). Stymies me. n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/21/12 10:06am
Msg #431310

From another forum...same poster/situation

"Pete! (Simple Signings)."

However...still not enough info as there are 2 in SC with Simple Signings as part of the name.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 8/21/12 11:30am
Msg #431319

Did you get confirmation with agreed-to fee in writing before doing job?

Reply by obbie on 8/22/12 3:36pm
Msg #431492

please tell us who this jerk is so we don't make the same mistake!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.