Notary Rotary
Direct deposit
Notary Discussion History

Direct deposit
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by pat/WA on 8/6/12 2:39pm
Msg #429525

Direct deposit

Can I get an opinion on all these requests for direct deposit?

Reply by parkerc/ME on 8/6/12 2:47pm
Msg #429529

I know it's quicker to have direct deposit and my favorite title company is offering (encouraging?) that, but I like to run a photocopy of the check that applies to each signing for my records. I don't like to give out my banking information to anyone but those federal agencies that do not mail checks (pension, SS, and tax refund checks).

Reply by nez on 8/6/12 2:53pm
Msg #429531

I love it, I have a seperate account for these checks!!!

Reply by MistarellaFL on 8/6/12 2:59pm
Msg #429532

Separate account can be a money card

I have one of those, and use it for all DD's, so no one ever has my regular banking info, and it won't allow overdrafts.

Reply by sueharke on 8/6/12 3:37pm
Msg #429542

Soon as you write a check to someone, he or she has your banking information. The best approach is the separate checking account for such purposes, as stated by others on this subject.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/6/12 7:07pm
Msg #429575

I do the photo copy thing, too. However, these days, I can get a copy of any check deposited (front and back, I believe) from my on-line banking.

Reply by Karla/OR on 8/6/12 3:01pm
Msg #429534

If I am given a choice, I go with direct deposit. I despise making a DEPOSIT trip to the bank when I have so many other things to do. I print a copy of the direct deposit from my on-line bank statement.

If they want to charge me a fee for doing direct deposit, then I DO NOT do direct deposit! It is a matter of principle with me.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/6/12 3:02pm
Msg #429535

I like DD, and know it's the way things are going.

Ever ss isn't going to do any more paper checks. I've never had a problem, but have a separate biz acct. where they are deposited. Also, no extra charges, like with Paypal.

Reply by NJDiva on 8/6/12 3:21pm
Msg #429540

Speaking of which...so what's with having to PAY to get your

pay DD'd?

I will certainly NOT divulge the company, but if it's better for the COMPANY to use DD, why, oh why must they charge?????

Come on!!!!! It's soooo disheartening!!! Especially when it's a company I LIKE!!!

I know, I know, I don't have to take the DD option, but it just exasperates me that companies have the audacity to do it. Fine, you want to continue paying for the checks and postage, np. I don't live fee check by fee check. I don't mind waiting.

Like our fees aren't low enough? Geesh...another way to gouge? Ugh

Reply by bfnotary on 8/6/12 7:59pm
Msg #429579

Re: Speaking of which...so what's with having to PAY to get your

I only do dd with a few companies, but so far I haven't had any charge me to do it. I probably wont opt in if they do. lol. That is crap.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/7/12 8:28am
Msg #429602

They need to stop thinking like the banks, and thinking

they can charge a fee for DD. After all, it's saving them mailing checks, so it's their savings, not ours. ;-) LOL

Reply by bfnotary on 8/6/12 7:56pm
Msg #429578

Re: I like DD, and know it's the way things are going.

The companies I do dd through always send me an email letting me know it is going to take place. I print that email as well as the online bank transaction.

Reply by Ken/NoCal on 8/8/12 10:55am
Msg #429774

I don't use direct deposit, but I also never go to the bank. Make all my check deposits using my I-Phone. If you have Chase or Bank Of America, you can do it all through your I-Phone. Take the picture before 8:00 PM and its in your account at midnight.
Love it!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.