Notary Rotary
Does anyone have their dsl line thru AT&T, if so are you
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Cam/CA on 8/7/12 4:49pm
Msg #429687

experiencing you problems? I have been told there is a system wide problem.
Can't get any more information from them.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 8/7/12 5:10pm
Msg #429689

I have it and I'm having zero problems.

Reply by Jack/AL on 8/7/12 6:39pm
Msg #429709

No problems here in northern Alabama! n/m

Reply by pleasantonCA on 8/7/12 9:01pm
Msg #429733

Having issues and they just replaced the junction box at the

street for the 2nd time in less than a year.

Reply by Buddy Young on 8/7/12 6:46pm
Msg #429711

Re: I have it, no problems. n/m

Reply by rolomia on 8/8/12 2:42am
Msg #429757

I wish I was having problems with AT&T. Because, that would mean that I even had DSL service from them. Unfortunately, the rural area I'm in isn't serviced by AT&T. Only an over-priced co-op services land-line telephone & Internet service, here. No competition means a monopoly. AT&T's junction box is one mile away. If I could sell my property, I'd move closer to town. Then, I would get better cell-signal, AT&T DSL and other benefits not readily available in most rural areas.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/8/12 4:52am
Msg #429761

OK now but had problem with voice side 2 weeks ago.

It reminded me why I hate AT&T. (Goes back to my telecom days in the 80's... grrrrrr.) I hardly ever use my DSL line for phone calls, but I had enough noise on the line to keep me from being able to send faxes. I called them and made an appt. for 8:00 - 12:00 on a Monday morning, and I was told I would have to be here in case the problem was on the inside. If so, and if they couldn't get access, they would charge me a service fee and wouldn't be able to fix the problem.

Noon comes and goes and no AT&T. (I was told the service guy would call.) In the meantime, I'm in limbo. I call shortly after 1:00 pm and was told the guy was running behind schedule, but I still needed to be there, "just in case". At about 7:30 that evening, while I'm in a signing, I get a computer generated call letting me know that I would be put on the priority list for the next day.

Long story short, I never got a call from anyone at AT&T, but I heard the tech outside at the junction box and the problem was eventually fixed mid-afternoon of the 2nd day. I found out when I was able to get a dial tone without all the noise. When I checked back with repair, I was told that the problem was on their end, not inside, and that there was no reason I had to be around for the repair guy - and apparently they knew that the day before...

Can you imagine if we ran our businesses that way??!!!

BTW, I recommend taking notes about every call to AT&T repair, including the time and who you spoke with, and be politely persistent. If you talk to someone who doesn't seem helpful, don't be afraid to call back and speak to someone else - or escalate by asking for a supervisor, if you think you're getting the run-around. Best of luck dealing with them!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.