Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
EQUIFAX Requiring New Background Checks - FORGET IT !
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by IGoClose/NC on 8/28/12 5:29pm
Msg #432295

Got an email today from Kelsey Krull informing me that Equifax, Inc., is requiring new background checks no matter if the one you already have is current through the NNA or recently purchased through Lexis Nexis. This is ridiculous...I'm not about to fork out money for another background check !

Reply by pan/nd on 8/28/12 5:57pm
Msg #432299

If this outfit were needing to surrender during a blizzard, they'd wave a white flag!

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/28/12 6:20pm
Msg #432302

Clever...there's no guessing how many notaries will

pay out another $50 to EQUIFAX the background checking company to get another one.

Reply by Sunrise Closers - Janet on 9/17/12 8:38am
Msg #434702

Re: Clever...there's no guessing how many notaries will

e-mail states a photo and information will be sent prior to closing to the borrower. How about notaries getting a photo and information on the borrowers whose homes we have to go in. I have done 2 closings this year in my area. So to pay out for a background check that I have already had I would be in a loss situation. I have had Equifax call me about 3 times when I told them my fee they say they will get approval and I never get a call back even if it is 5 or 10 dollars more. As it is they are 20-25 dollars under other signing companies.

Reply by jba/fl on 9/17/12 10:36am
Msg #434719

Re: Clever...there's no guessing how many notaries will

"photo and information will be sent prior to closing to the borrower"

How many borrowers will get old photos, glamour shots, etc.? I know several people who admit their photos are of the above variety - plus, I could tell anyway. My eyes aren't That old.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 8/28/12 6:53pm
Msg #432305

The ability of these companies to come up with new ways to take money out of the notary's pocket never ceases to amaze me.

Guess what Mr or Ms Notary - we just made you a profit center...

Reply by Les_CO on 8/28/12 7:19pm
Msg #432311

Equifax Inc.? Is this the credit reporting company, or some

signing service using that name? “EQUIFAX” a credit reporting Co.... "EQUIFAX PO Box 105518 Atlanta, GA 30348?"

Reply by Gina/VA on 8/28/12 7:37pm
Msg #432313

I got the email too. Disappointing, yet not surprising.

Reply by bfd110_IN on 8/28/12 8:24pm
Msg #432324

Equifax is a LARGE Corporation

They are a National vendor similar to NREIS. They also do appraisals and employment verifications for lenders. Basically a one stop shop for lenders. ( in addition to credit reporting)

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/28/12 10:59pm
Msg #432336

Re: Equifax is a LARGE Corporation

Just have to tell a childhood memory. My dad was a bricklayer and he bought a small lot downtown. He built a small building there for Equifax. Several years went by and they outgrew that building, so dad built them a Large building. They stayed in that building for almost 20 years. I, along with my sisters had to clean that building every night. Week nights we just emptied trash and did restrooms. Week-ends the deep cleaning stuff. I used to sit at one of their desks and pretend away. I was a big exec. LOL Just a memory now. The building was sold after my dad died and it is currently a church.

Reply by Diedra/TX on 8/29/12 10:46am
Msg #432365

I completely agree! I RARELY get work from them to begin with.

This was the email I received.......below it is my (crude) response to them. Just another way to try and make money. HORRID!!

Equifax Settlement Services LLC/LexisNexis Independent Contractors Notification Letter
August 29, 2012

Dear Equifax Contractor,

This notice is going out to all Equifax Settlement Services LLC (“Equifax Settlement Services”) Independent Contractors. It is required that you read this notice thoroughly and take the appropriate action outlined below within 24 hours of receipt.

At Equifax Settlement Services, we want to build partnerships with Independent Contractors that lead to mutual success for everyone involved. As part of our effort to reduce risk and protect our company’s reputation, Equifax Settlement Services has established a new screening website through a partnership with LexisNexis. This one-stop solution not only registers you but also ensures that you meet Equifax Settlement Services’ requirements to work in specialized service roles. By providing all of your needed information in one place, this site helps to streamline the screening process.

It is Equifax Settlement Services’ policy that all Independent Contractors successfully pass specific qualification criteria, as implemented with the new Equifax Settlement Services LLC/LexisNexis Contractor Screening system. Below is a summary of the actions you need to take at this time.
Click below to access the Equifax Independent Contractor Screening system: https://contractor.lexisnexis.com/CS/equifaxsettlementservices.

Complete your Individual Registration Form online.

Next you will be asked to answer a series of five questions that will validate your identity.

If you answer all questions correctly, you will be directed to the ordering page.

Complete your order and submit payment.

If you incorrectly answer any questions, you will still be directed to the ordering page. However, you will not be able to access your final results until identity validation takes place. If you need assistance accessing the application or completing the online form, please call LexisNexis Technical Support on 1.866.237.2135.

We appreciate your cooperation as we implement these important new procedures to ensure the highest levels of work quality, safety, and security. If you have any questions, please contact Equifax Settlement Services’ sponsor administrator, Mike Sapsara at [e-mail address].

Kind regards.

Tania James
Account Manager
Screening

Here is my response...

Considering how much money has to be spent to become a notary in the first place, AND the background check that we have to go through just to get our commissions, it is ludicrous that now you want us to spend more money. I have two background checks already, the one that was conducted when I applied for my commission and one through another reputable company, the NNA. I am not interested in spending any MORE money with a company that doesn't give me work. Please remove me from your database.

Thank you

I hope they don't get a single notary to do this!

Reply by E Rabon Notary Services - Elizabeth on 8/29/12 11:45am
Msg #432370

I received the same email and even though I have done a few signings for Equifax I think one background check is enough. I guess they will not be calling me again.

Reply by docs1954CA on 8/29/12 2:38pm
Msg #432396

With their less then stellar ratings,

I don't get why anyone takes their work....lots of complaint on slow and low pay, and now they want to stick their hand in your pocket and take even more....

Reply by Gina/VA on 8/29/12 2:58pm
Msg #432405

Re: With their less then stellar ratings,

They always meet my fee and I have always been paid in about 2-3 weeks. Up until now, they've gotten all of my kudos but I am not pleased with this latest money making get-up. Unfortunately, I have decided that I would rather lose business with them at this time rather than dish more money out for yet another background check. Just don't think its right and I see this spreading like wildflower if i give in.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.