Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
E Notaries and Trans State Services, Inc. connection?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Luckydog on 8/27/12 3:36pm
Msg #432144

Does anyone know the connection between Jim @ Trans State Services and E Notaries.net?
I sent a private email in response to E Notaries to be taken off their mailing list for $70.00 e doc closings and 3 professional references or I would report them to the national spam directory. Instead of getting an email back from E Notaries, I received this:
ate: Wednesday, August 22, 2012
To: Recipient Hidden

Subject: Your comments about e-Notaries.net

saw your listed complaint. Can you tell me what title company was using them? Thanks

Jim

I never listed an "online complaint" and when I requested back how he got that email, never a response back.
This company Trans State has good ratings, hard to believe they are one in the same, but how else would he have gotten that email?

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Reply by MW/VA on 8/27/12 9:04pm
Msg #432181

I've gotten emails from Jim also. They seem a bit

strange, like he's maybe trying to get biz from the tc's that are using the non-payers. I've never had any problems working with Jim.

Reply by ToniK on 8/28/12 6:51am
Msg #432198

Re: I've gotten emails from Jim also. They seem a bit

I got one of his emails too. It was from a bad feedback I left a company. Yes, he wants someone to respond about who the title company is so he can approach them on doing business. I just ignored his message.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/28/12 9:20am
Msg #432210

Re: I've gotten emails from Jim also. They seem a bit

Interesting to say the least. He will ask you to help him set his business in a good spot, but if you want an extra amount to get across town, he acts all offended. Doesn't believe that we should be able to give ourselves raises in fee due to higher costs we are incurring. We parted ways long ago over this cheapness on their part.

Another company does the same here all the time - will we go lower? Crap - set one of your family out to pasture and don't cut my fees - I need that $20 more than you. JMHO

These people are not the least interested in retaining anything except their bottom line, forgetting that I have one too. The more they want, the less they want to give. I'm not looking for a handout, but I sure do have my own charities of choice. By cutting these type companies, I have more room for those who pay well, those I want to cultivate.

Reply by Gail Owen Jordon on 8/28/12 11:33am
Msg #432231

It is kind of weird. I will always take a job from Jim. He pays quickly and well and is just really a great guy to deal with. He has never tried to low ball and when I've had annual increases, he has no problem.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/30/12 7:07am
Msg #432472

In my opinion, Jim does NOT pay well - he pays on the lower side (he once offered me $100 for a buyer purchase closing). And his 30 day pay is average, but I have to say that I have never had to follow up with him for payment so kudos to him for that. I used to do those "third party" closings for him - small fee but (thoretically) a small amount of time at the table. Didn't always work out that way though, so I eventually decided to stop accepting those assignments due to the hassle factor. Also, my experience was no loyalty from him - if you are in a closing and don't answer your phone then he moves on to the next notary on the list.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/30/12 7:12am
Msg #432473

Looks to me like he contacted you through the email link in Signing Central. If you post a comment about a company in SC, you can choose to allow people to email you about your comments. Seems like he is looking at all the poor-payers listed in SC and emailing the notaries who complained, in an attempt to find out who the title company is so he can snag their account.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/30/12 7:54am
Msg #432474

ohhh - good assessment Copper! You may have something there. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.