Notary Rotary
E-Notaries. net IS A FRAUD COLLECTING YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Luckydog on 8/28/12 8:09pm
Msg #432322

A fellow member sent me this info on E Notaries.Net and YES THEY ARE FAKE!!!!!!!!! Anyone who sent this company anything, ESPECIALLY your background check better keep an eye on your identity. They are requesting that and 3 professional references. This company is no longer in business and went out in 2011, and their licensed expired! They currently send out spam emails for bogus signings to gather your information. There is never a closing, and never any phone contact, just fishing for your personal information for it seems a likely identity theft.

Jim at Trans State Services denies anything to do with them, however I received a message on notary rotary in reply to my complaint I sent DIRECTLY to E Notaries, and never posted on Notary Rotary, nor posted any complaints. My question is, how did Jim at Transstate get that
email, and not E notaries.net? He emailed me back, and denies any involvement, yet the emails cam from Trans state service, and signed Jim. Unless one and the same, or this is some old company they used to run, how is he at that email to monitor it? Not throwing Jim under the bus, but truthfully he did not seem too concerned about someone fraudulently using him and his company.
Inbox Outbox Preferences New Message
Date: Wednesday, August 22, 2012
To: Recipient Hidden

Subject: Your comments about e-Notaries.net

saw your listed complaint. Can you tell me what title company was using them? Thanks

Jim

This was his response:
Transstate Services
10:25 AM (10 hours ago)

to me

Renee

I did not send you any emails. We have no association with this company

Jim Coffey
Trans State Services, Inc.
(727) 264-8663 FAX (727) 674-1993
Government did not build my business. I did.

You can go to sunbiz.org and look up any Florida company

Fictitious Name Detail
Fictitious Name
E-NOTARIES.NET

Filing Information
Registration Number G06313900020
Status EXPIRED
Filed Date 11/09/2006
Expiration Date 12/31/2011
Current Owners 1
County BROWARD
Total Pages 1
Events Filed NONE
FEI/EIN Number NONE
Mailing Address
P O BOX 6291
FT LAUDERDALE, FL 33310 US
Owner Information
ONEDOTLOVE, INC.
1545 NW 2ND AVE
FT LAUDERDALE, FL 33311 US
FEI/EIN Number: APPL
Document Number: P06000141725

Reply by notary4az2 on 8/28/12 10:55pm
Msg #432335

I had signed up with them in 2006 and did some signings for them via First American at the Scottsdale office in AZ. Got paid and had no problems

Reply by sueharke on 8/29/12 12:05am
Msg #432339

Anyone who sent information to this company recently and is worried about "identity theft" consider the following steps.

1. Check you credit quarterly using "annualcreditreport.com." You are allowed one free credit report from each agency a year.
2. If you see anything questionable, consider a "credit freeze", rather than a "fraud alert." A credit freeze prevents people from changing information on your credit report without the credit bureau verifiying your identify. See "http://www.clarkhoward.com" information on credit freeze if you think you may become a victim of identity theft.

A cc merchant was recently hacked and my personal information was taken. In July I froze my credit. Around July 19, 2012 I get a letter from the credit bureau asking me to verify that I have changed by address and other items on my credit report. If I had not froze my credit, I might be facing "identity theft" at this time.

Reply by Clem/CA on 8/29/12 12:31am
Msg #432340

Good Info

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/29/12 8:10am
Msg #432352

Here is Clark Howard's specific page for credit freezing:

http://www.clarkhoward.com/news/clark-howard/personal-finance-credit/credit-freeze-and-thaw-guide/nFbL/

Reply by jba/fl on 8/29/12 10:01am
Msg #432360

I just finished calling them - a real person answered the phone. I asked a bit about their business, etc. Not sure what this is about - your rant I mean.

Why is it always a friend, or in this case, "A fellow member sent me this info on E Notaries.Net and YES THEY ARE FAKE!!!!!!!!!" What first hand information do you have on them?

Just curious.

Reply by Luckydog on 8/29/12 1:10pm
Msg #432380

Their business license is expired! If you read the post, you will see. They are operating without a current license, and this was through the state licensing committee for Florida, NOT A FRIEND Jba/Fl. Call me a liar if you wish, no skin off my back. Just warning notaries if you send a company your background, and they are not operating legal, you better be concerned. Any company who pays $70.00 full edocs, and fax backs is a little skeezy in itself, and how many SS send out spam emails for their closings, without picking up the phone? Too many red flags, but go ahead and take their closings. My whole point being, I sent THAT COMPANY a DIRECT EMAIL TO BE REMOVED FROM THEIR LIST and a few nice other things ,nothing ever mentioned on here and Jim from TRANSSTATE answered it on Notary Rotary. Go figure how that happened?? I haven't a clue, but he denies sending me a message on here...so not only is that company operating without a license, they are representing themselves under other SS and other people's names to gather your information.
I reported this company to the internet fraud prevention, and they will check into them to see if they are current on their licensing, and are legit. If they are fine, no problem, but they should renew their licensing if dealing with people's background checks and personal information. I am not the 1st person on here with this topic of E Notaries.net, but when you request 10+ times to removed from their spam list, and never get a response, it's a little annoying, and then to get a message from an unrelated person from another SS regarding a private email sent, is also a red flag. Take what you will from all of this, and just be careful who you send your info to, and who you work for.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/29/12 3:20pm
Msg #432408

Don't get your panties in a wad there....I did NOT call you

a liar. I did NOT! Since I don't do business for $70 I have no reason to do more than hit the delete button, but this intrigued me as you said there was no phone number, yet I just received a request this am and all phone numbers were on the order. Having read your missive, I decided to call. I quoted $175 for the job and let them know they could delete my name and that I would be sending them to spam from here on out.

There are just too many things in the world to get upset about. Since I would rather smile, I ignore some stuff, erring on the side of caution (using delete key), and go about my business. But to slam some company as you did may possibly leave you open to legal repercussions that are unfavorable, even highly unfavorable. And before you bring up that I have slammed SOX, Speedy, Genuine, and a few others, let me inform you that their reputations have been what they are for a very long time.....almost as long as it takes for me to bake bread.

Peace - and may the force be with you.

Reply by meganPA on 8/29/12 10:14am
Msg #432363

I did one closing for them where, shockingly, they met my fee. Turns out, the closing was adjourned at the table and did not go. But I did receive the trip/print fee that I billed them for. This was recent too.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.