Notary Rotary
Finish Line Signing Company G/B/U?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by PegiT_MN on 8/17/12 9:25am
Msg #430791

I signed up with this company three years ago and they have never called me. Then out of the blue I get a call that they need a regular scheduler in my area and would like to start sending me business. I took the appointment but when I got home I went on Signing Central to check it out and they don't have very good reviews right now. It looks like notaries are having a hard time getting their money. I was new to Notary Rotary three years ago and signed up with a ton of different companies like you all told me to do and somehow they were on my "good company list" at that time to sign up with. Well now I am very apprehensive about even following through with the appointment if I don't think I am going to get paid. Also, when I got my confirmation it said that I have to use black ink and a black stamp. My stamp is blue.

Would I be wrong to turn this signing back because of the fact that I have discovered they are not paying their notaries? Or do I have to go out on the signing (it is not until the 24th) because I was a dummy and didn't do my Signing Central research? Or do I call them and tell them I can't do the signing because my stamp is blue and they are requiring black?

I am hoping that one of my dear friends here at Notary Rotary could tell me what the professional thing to do would be. I don't want to be rude, but I sure don't want to go out on a signing that I may never get paid for either. I've come a long way in three years and that only happened to me once.......and you can best bet that won't be happening ever again!

Reply by janCA on 8/17/12 9:38am
Msg #430793

Turn it back, you have no obligation to them. They actually used to be a good signing service many, many years ago. Times have changed.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 8/17/12 9:42am
Msg #430794

Thank you Jan for the good advice. I am going to turn it back.

Reply by pat/WA on 8/17/12 9:55am
Msg #430795

I work for them quite often. No problem

Reply by LMS on 8/17/12 11:46am
Msg #430810

I also work for them regularly, they meet my fee and have always paid me. They run about 30-35 days, sometimes up to 45, but usually around 30ish.

Reply by Karla/WA on 8/17/12 12:08pm
Msg #430813

Finish Line pays consistently and never hovers. Love those SS and TC that don't micromanage. They called me yesterday, but the signing was out of my area. I would do it in a heartbeat if closer.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.