Notary Rotary
Flex Closing
Notary Discussion History

Flex Closing
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Liz/OR on 8/16/12 10:35pm
Msg #430770

Flex Closing

I was told by the LO that 4-5 other notaries cancelled on my borrower after I told him I was cancelling too. I will try my best not to put myself in this situation again. I had that guilty feeling when I cancelled because I knew the borrower had to put up with several appointments and cancellations. Finally, I was told the escrow company dropped the order for Flex. Hassling people for extremely low fees does not pay off. Getting a higher fee approved for a company who hassles people for low fees IMO does not pay off either.

What do I define as hassling? Rescheduling a set appointment because you took extra time to approve a notary fee, calling notary repeatedly to ask if an appointment was set, having a website that does not work if an appointment is changed, repeated calling and emailing needed for notary to get documents, having people who do not speak English well as customer service agents who use up your cell phone minutes because you have to keep saying "excuse me, can you repeat that?".

I guess I must be spoiled because most the time the TC just emails me the documents, I reply that I received them, I call the borrower and confirm the appointment, I go to their house to get them signed, check them there, check them again before dropping in FedEx. Done. Why do people have to make it SO HARD.

Reply by sueharke on 8/16/12 10:52pm
Msg #430772

I understand your frustration and agree that there need to be changes in the system of getting real estate documents signed correctly the first time. Anytime there is a middle man or woman between the main customer and the hired subcontractor, there will always be issues and a lot of miscommunication. I don't like last minute signing or lowball paying SS, but they are there for many reasons. The only way to change the system is for notaries to set limits and learn how to say "no" on the same page for common issues. I don't see this ever happening, but I am allowed to dream.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.