Notary Rotary
Followup on Page Separator program
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 8/29/12 1:44am
Msg #432343

I bought the program, and have used it for a few days. Works just fine, and it's much less expensive than either buying a second drawer for a printer or a dula-tray printer. I would recommend the program, and suggest purchasing the mid-priced version.

I came to this reluctantly, but solely for aesthetic reasons. If jars something deep within my OCD soul to have packets of two different paper sizes. But, that's the way they come, so I have finally yielded. When I am king of the universe, though, there will be no need for either dual trays or Page Separators; everything will be one size. And we'll get the docs by flying pigs who run regular routes by our front doors.

Reply by Karla/OR on 8/29/12 2:25am
Msg #432344

Hi Hugh~ I'm with you, I like conformity too - all one size (legal).

I'm glad for the info you posted regarding the page separator. I have been contemplating buying it as well. Just one question about its workings: do you just click to go and the software figures out on its own what pages are letter and which are legal??? Or do you have to tell it which pages are which and then click to go??? I will check out the site for detail as well.

Thanks.

Reply by Judy/TX on 8/29/12 7:14am
Msg #432346

Question regarding page separator software

I visited the website and watched all three demonstrations. My question is this - in order to print documents from TRG and other companies, you first log onto their website, go to your account, and print from there. The documents are never emailed to you. On the TRG website you cannot drag the PDF document anywhere or save it to your hard drive. In instances such as this, will page separator still work?

Reply by HisHughness on 8/29/12 8:59am
Msg #432353

Re: Question regarding page separator software

I'll try not to get too technical in answering your question, in recognition of the fact that you're probably not a computer geek. The answer is that I don't know.

Reply by pat/WA on 8/29/12 11:32am
Msg #432369

Can you give me their web address?

Reply by KODI/CA on 8/29/12 11:51am
Msg #432371

http://www.pageseparatorsoftware.com/index.html

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/29/12 12:10pm
Msg #432372

Just watched the videos. How is this easier than a dual tray? With this software, you have to change the paper tray and put in the other size paper. What am I missing??

Reply by KimH/FL on 8/29/12 12:18pm
Msg #432373

I believe it is to save the expense of a dual-tray printer, not to make it easier. Just my 2 cents.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/29/12 12:24pm
Msg #432374

I suppose you are right Kim. Keeping dual tray thank you n/m

Reply by bagger on 8/29/12 12:47pm
Msg #432376

I can't imagine

Re-sorting two stacks of doc's.
Don't see any time savings at all.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 8/29/12 2:10pm
Msg #432390

In our business, Time is Money!

I just picked up an extra tray (refurbished) for my printer at a cost of about $30 from Ebay!

Reply by Clem/CA on 8/29/12 12:26pm
Msg #432375

You are trying to solve a hardware problem with software. You will be better served by getting the tray, as it will just pick the correct size paper without swapping. The tray is just part of doing this business.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/29/12 12:59pm
Msg #432378

Thank you for letting me know how to operate my business

Wish you had been around 10 years ago when I started. Or maybe a few years before that when I was running a non-profit organization. Or even before that, when I was publishing a magazine. And you really would have been a help when I was practicing law. Though not so much during all those years when I was a journalist; that sort of executive decision was not my responsibility then.

When my printers, any of the four, run out of paper, I put paper in. I do not remove a tray. When I need letter size paper, I put in letter size, I put in letter size. When I need legal size, I put in legal size. When I need business card templates, I put in business card templates. When I need labels, I put in label templates. When I need to change size or type of paper, I simply remove what is in the printer and replace it with the desired type and size.

But I do want to thank you for pointing out to me that instead of simply putting in the correct type and size paper for all those functions, I can buy four other printers, at substantial cost, to do that for me. I will give that suggestion all the consideration it deserves.

Until I lay out the resources for those printers, though, I will continue to use a $50 program that sorts documents by size for all four of my printers, and resign myself to the onerous task of removing paper and inserting the correct size.

Reply by sueharke on 8/29/12 1:17pm
Msg #432382

Re: Thank you for letting me know how to operate my business

Hishughness: I love your comment as it is true within the concept of economics and how we spend our money. I'd rather use the Page Separator software than buy a new printer.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/29/12 1:34pm
Msg #432384

In business, there are two types of expenditures:

The hard ones and the soft ones. The hard ones you can identify, dollar for dollar, how much they cost you and how much revenue they bring in; that's like a dry cleaner buying a truck so it can make home pickups and deliveries. The soft ones simply establish your brand; they may have a positive impact, but it is difficult to measure. An example would be redocorating the restrooms at a restaurant. You'll never know how many customers were turned off by the old ones or turned on by the new ones.

I do not do this full time, so close budgeting of my time is not essential and I rarely invest in something solely so it will save me a little time. When I make a business expenditure, it is virtually always one that will enhance my revenue in some identifiable way.

The Page Separator is a hard expenditure, in that it will save paper costs. It makes sense for anyone who is running more than one printer if all of their peripherals do not have dual tray capacity. Having used it now for a little while, even I were full time I don't think I would ever invest in more than one dual tray printer. The rewards just don't seem to justify it. But that's just me. I think I'm gonna let other people run their business the way it best suits them.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/29/12 3:33pm
Msg #432410

Re: In business, there are two types of expenditures:

I also have cut back and although I have 2 printers, brand new, I chose to go with only one dual tray at an excellent sale and one single tray, also an excellent sale. I realize that I needed speed and efficiency, and I love that, but since I am doing less now, by choice, there was no need for 2 dual trays. I put my extra money in a scanner - the new Scan Snap 1300i - and now I can organize the world!

Had I heard of the software work around from those who have used it regularly, I might have gone that way....I just don't know though. It has its place though - I can see that. It is always nice to hear of products that work for another, and why they are chosen.

Reply by Clem/CA on 8/30/12 12:39am
Msg #432459

Just how I operate my business

LOL I got my printers (Lexmark T640's, no service until 300,000 pages...discontinued but parts and kits available), from an auction complete with extra 500 sheet trays for 40 bucks each. I refill my carts, 2100 pages each for 45 bucks I added two 2000 page feeders for $120.00. I now print both copies of docs @ 35 pages per min. and if I have "Late docs". ( 60 mins) I have no problem printing on time and getting there. I have printed about 110,000 pages so far this year, do the math. The lack of stress is worth something.... I am doing about 6 closings per day @ average of just under a Franklin, My average drive time is 35 mins. ( both ways ). .... Just how I roll..

Reply by sueharke on 8/29/12 1:13pm
Msg #432381

I use the software and do not have a dual tray printer. I use letter size in the tray and the form feeder for legal size paper. I posted earlier about an issue with secured and password protected files. I suggest reading the feedback from page separator on how to handle picky Provident or other source of the docs.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/29/12 1:51pm
Msg #432385

To each his own. It's just so easy to hit print and the pkg

prints perfectly every time in the correct size. No going to website or email and dragging file to another program then printing one size then changing paper, then printing the other size. I bought a 2nd tray off ebay for $69.00. The software is $39 and up. What point am I missing??

Reply by HisHughness on 8/29/12 2:49pm
Msg #432400

Re: To each his own. It's just so easy to hit print and the pkg

What you are missing is that you have no idea how the program works. Nor, apparently, have you grasped the concept that it will serve any printer you have, not just one, so that every printer you have becomes a dual tray peripheral.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/29/12 4:26pm
Msg #432419

What you are missing Hugh is that I also have 4 printers.

Only 1 is a dual tray. If it should go down, I'll suffer through a few days of changing paper out to print the correct size or print all legal till my dual tray is up again. I've had to do that a couple times through the years and its a pia. I'm not at all saying to buy 2nd trays for ALL your printers. One is sufficient.

Reply by NJDiva on 8/29/12 2:02pm
Msg #432387

Time is money! BIG money to me. If you're in this biz full

time, and/or want to make this a full time business, it would behoove you to utilize a (at least one) dual tray printer, IMO and experience of not having a dual try and having to switch paper back and forth. Admittedly I know nothing about this software so I have no opinion either way.

The cost of the software is about the third of the cost of a dual tray printer. Why not consider taking the other two thirds and applying it to a business tool that should be a given for a full time professional signing agent. A hell of a lot less time consuming and would certainly help to reduce the stress caused by worrying about changing the paper.

As I mentioned, I do not have an opinion about the software (though I do think it's a great concept-I wish they had it when I was brandy new and didn't have the funds to invest in a dual tray printer, nor did I have the amount of closings for that matter.)

But I am curious, are the documents kept in order?

Reply by HisHughness on 8/29/12 2:51pm
Msg #432401

Re: Time is money! BIG money to me. If you're in this biz full

***Admittedly I know nothing about this software so I have no opinion either way.***

For someone who has no opinion, you surely did spend a great deal of space expressing some things that looked suspiciously like opinions to me.

Reply by NJDiva on 8/29/12 3:41pm
Msg #432412

oh wait, did I miss something? I don't recall expressing

any kind of opinion on the software...though that was funny!

Okay, okay, you're right, I expressed a whole lot of opinion's on OTHER things though, if you mean that in a literal sense.

Allow me to correct myself, "I have no opinion on the SOFTWARE." lol

IMO, you and I share that particular trait of being relentlessly opinionated (oops, I guess I should only speak for myself, however, I did preface it with IMO...lmao.) Far be it for me to profess I'm as scholarly as you are; but I must give credit where credit's due, you've certainly taught me a lot, even if it's only patience and tolerance.

No matter what, many times you crack me up.

So thanks for bringing to my attention the obvious. It made me laugh.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 8/29/12 6:38pm
Msg #432433

" On the TRG website you cannot drag the PDF document anywhere or save it to your hard drive."

Assuming you're using some version of Windows and a reasonably current Internet browser such as Firefox, Chrome, or IE - are you saying that you cannot right-click on the document and save it to your hard drive? In every browser I've ever seen, that was always an option for any file.

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/29/12 2:21pm
Msg #432393

If it was between buying a new printer with dual trays

and Page Separator, I would choose the software and keep the printer I had.

Reply by JamesLee/VA on 8/29/12 2:40pm
Msg #432398

I Have The Pro Version

As I have stated in the past, I have been using Page Separator for about 4 months. I am 100% mobile. I have limited vertical space in my vehicle, so I can not use one of my dual trays, which are at least 2 to 4 inches higher than the traditional 1 tray.

Page separator has limitations though. If the pdf is not editable such as being able to delete pages, it will not work. Also it will not work on files that can not be downloaded onto your computer.

I spent the extra money so that I can put the pages back in order. I can collate a 100 + page package as fast as I can count. You simply put the to stacks side by side and start counting following the guide. I do not even have to look at the paper. Its that simple.

I have helped a few people with this program. If you need help you can PM me or call me at 703 439 9125.
Again I do not work for or am affiliated with the software developer. It seemed that the last time I posted about this program, it kind of worked up a frenzy.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 8/29/12 3:00pm
Msg #432406

Re: I Have The Pro Version...I am very impressed, James.

Smile

Reply by MW/VA on 8/29/12 4:54pm
Msg #432423

Sounds ideal for mobile printing. n/m

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 8/29/12 3:10pm
Msg #432407

You will have to replace the federal government...

...to do away with the legal sized HUD HisHughness.

Personally I think your replacing the federal government would be an improvement over the clowns ruling the roost right now.

Reply by NJDiva on 8/29/12 3:46pm
Msg #432413

LMAO...that is NOT the thing to say to HUGH!! oopsie!!! n/m

Reply by bagger on 8/29/12 4:25pm
Msg #432418

Now out comes the anger of posting n the wrong forum! n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 8/29/12 6:08pm
Msg #432430

Re: You will have to replace the federal government...

Yeah, you're right. The only advantage that the clowns now ruling Washington have is that they have done so much better than the ones that immediately preceded them, and they look so much better than the spineless windbags who want to succeed them.

There is a forum in NotRot. It is called Just Politics, and it is called that for a reason. It for political posts such as yours. This is the Discuss Work forum. And once again you have confirmed what has been noted so many times in the past: The ONLY ones who deliberately ignore the forum rules on political postings are rightwingers. They just don't think the rules apply to them.

Reply by bagger on 8/30/12 8:19am
Msg #432475

Only Hugh

can sneak a political message into a thread where he is complaining about politcal messages in DW.

Reply by NJDiva on 8/30/12 1:39pm
Msg #432542

His post was a comment, your reply

made it a discussion. If only you had abstained from the first paragraph, it would not have been a discussion. His would have merely been a comment that was not appropriate for this forum. You would have attained some credibility too.

I find it funny that there is a reprimand for doing something that in fact you just engaged in. The whole reprimand just seems like a dismal way of justifying your response.

Its just like if someone sucker punches you and you punch em back...you both go to jail for assault... You just went to jail Hugh.
You even threw in a sucker punch in the end...with witnesses...lol

I suppose if there was a response, THAT would actually make it a discussion? hmmmm "don't it make ya wonder?" I always liked that song...

Throw it at me, I'm sure I'll get abused somehow...lmao

Reply by HisHughness on 8/30/12 1:49pm
Msg #432546

To repeat, ad infinitum:

If you want to stop political postings in Discuss Work, then when they occur condemn the poster. You will not stop them by condemning those who object to such postings. The post you identified as just a "comment" was political garbage, and was in direct contravention of the rules of this forum. It takes a really strange mindset to contend that one who points out a violation of the rules is even more a malefactor than the one who broke the rules.

But then, I don't think anyone really expects logic from you.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/30/12 2:13pm
Msg #432551

The big thing to remember is when to just shut up. n/m

Reply by NJDiva on 8/30/12 6:06pm
Msg #432573

lol...rhetoric with big fancy words...lol..I knew the abuse

was coming. Thanks for your point of view. I expected no less...lmao Put the focus on me rather than accept the truth for what it is...lol...it's so so typical, yet so so transparent.

Have a beautiful evening, and um, thanks for sharing...lol

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/29/12 5:45pm
Msg #432428

I bought a very good used dual tray for relatively cheap online a few years ago. It's paid for itself many times over and is probably the best money I ever spent in this business. However, everyone's business is different and for some, the page separator software might a good solution. These days, though, I just can't imagine myself taking the time to collate even one loan package. And it wouldn't work for those days (like Monday) where I had roughly one hour to print three sets of documents while making phone calls, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 8/29/12 8:43pm
Msg #432441

I don't understand why more people do not take advantage of the 2nd tray already built-in? IF you have an HP laserjet printer for example. (HP2420 or HP P3005). You simply load the bottom tray that is housed at the bottom of the printer, with legal paper, and load the dropdown pullout tray (takes about 50 sheets) with letter size paper. Then you adjust the printer settings to recognize that tray 1, is letter size and tray 2 the one on the bottom is set to legal size. And also tell it to autoselect which tray to use.
Tray 1 is the tray you would use to insert envelopes etc.
It is simple and doesn't cost a thing. No idea what a brother configuration is like, but for HP printers this works perfectly.

Reply by Karla/OR on 8/30/12 2:55am
Msg #432466

Sheila~ I have a MAC and it just doesn't talk to my Brother printer. I have seen other posts here that specify they have gone to the ends of the earth to find a solution to no avail. I, therefore, have to print all legal, if the lender is willing, or have them provide me page numbers for both sizes and print accordingly. PITA and I feel a bit unprofessional too, IMO.

Reply by Clem/CA on 8/30/12 12:43am
Msg #432461

Bingo

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.