Full moon tonight--unbelievable day. Just got back from a
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by MW/VA on 8/29/12 9:02pm
Msg #432445

Full moon tonight--unbelievable day. Just got back from a

2-1/2 hr. signing (first for me). Days like this make me want to quit. :-(

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/29/12 9:12pm
Msg #432446

Sorry that happened to you Marilynn - unfortunately we all have had one or two of those. I still remember the three hour closing I had several years ago - it will be burned in my mind forever. NEVER fun when that happens.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/29/12 10:29pm
Msg #432454

My 12:30 was scheduled wrong. Supposed to be 6. I have a 4 scheduled so offer 7. Go to my 4 and he is running an hour late. So I went and did my 7 at 6. Did my 4 at 8:30. Got that. lol Yes, weird day.

Reply by snowflake/PA on 8/29/12 10:29pm
Msg #432456

A closing (a simple refi) I had today lasted 3 hrs 15 minutes. Corrections needed to be made to HUD. Title and lender just couldn't get their acts together. BO was ticked. She closed last week and rescinded because everything was wrong. I was not the NSA on that one. She said that closing took 1.5 hours. (HUD wrong). Why bother to schedule when you don't have all the figures updated?

Reply by HisHughness on 8/30/12 12:57am
Msg #432462

Not today, but did have one helluva trying closing this week

The guy was an Army officer and a totally-steeped-in-it conspiracy theorist. He listened to Alex Jones, the Austin crackpot who has a national conspiracy-under-every-rug radio program. Among the things he dropped on me during the closing was that the hurricanes that have afflicted the Caribbean Islands in the past few years are controlled storms, and are sent to devastate those nations because they practice voodoo. Oh, that included New Orleans, too.

On the other hand, had a bit of fun at another closing out of town. I usually wear some form of headgear to closings: A Tyrolean, a beret, something like that. This couple's last name was Christmas. After we had spent enough time with each other where I was sure they would appreciate it, I took off my hat and replaced it with a Santa Claus cap.

Reply by Clem/CA on 8/30/12 1:11am
Msg #432463

Re: Not today, but did have one helluva trying closing this week

hopefully lined with aluminum to keep out the governments mind rays!

Reply by Gina/VA on 8/30/12 9:23am
Msg #432486

Re: Not today, but did have one helluva trying closing this week

I met an Army bo yest and his wife at a McDonald's to do the closing and as soon as I get to the table making a long list of demands, 'I dont like to be rushed! I plan to read everything!' I hadn't even introduced myself before he started in.

Next, he doesn't understand a $2.78 amount difference from his gfe and the Hud and calls loan officer. Oh boy, this guy is yelling into the phone so loud, to the automated voice, mind you.

But wait, there's more. He talks to his wife as if she is a puppy that has yet to be house broken, 'You need to listen to me when I tell you where to sign! Just pay attention to me because otherwise, you will never sign in the right place!' I was so embarrassed for his wife, the loan officer, the company's poor automated voice prompt system, and everyone in McDonald's. This guy was a piece of work but I ran out the door so fast when we were finished because he began talking about his military experience, the government, CIA, and aliens.

I saw him in my rear view window looking for me as I was driving off. No way I was going back there. Let him call his LO.

Reply by bfnotary on 8/30/12 6:12am
Msg #432470

I had a 2 and a half hour signing the other day, Thank goodness it was last signing and the people were pleasant, Just a little older and it took them more time. But that was the first one that took that long.

Reply by SReis on 8/30/12 6:34am
Msg #432471

Had a lot of "readers" lately - much more time than needed n/m

Reply by Alice/MD on 8/30/12 6:02pm
Msg #432572

Sorry you had one of those days from hell Marilynn. I had one that lasted 2 hours once and I wanted to quit also. Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/30/12 7:41pm
Msg #432585

Had a return trip today to get a few corrected docs signed

on that one. Couple were in a much better mood today & all is finally resolved. Whewwww!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.