Notary Rotary
Generator & Power Outage
Notary Discussion History

Generator & Power Outage
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Art_PA on 8/8/12 3:31pm
Msg #429818

Generator & Power Outage

A generator is really useful in an emergency. The bigger, the better - my $.02. For a few years we ran extension cords through windows to the generator, until we had an electrician install a transfer switch so all we have to do is start the generator and plug in a very heavy cord from the switch to the generator. It is surprising how much you can run using a 6250 watt generator. It allows you live comfortably while your neighbors are freezing while hopping their food doesn't spoil. We can run several TVs, refrigerator, computers, printers, phones, 2 gas central heating systems, most of our lights, and a window air conditioner in the summer.

It allows you to stay in business, so you don't have to worry about not getting docs when the power fails before you can print or download, or recharge your cell phone.

You can't put a cost on stress, or price on comfort.

Reply by Barbara Taylor on 8/8/12 4:05pm
Msg #429824

Been there -- plugged into my car outlet (converter plug) and kept going -- wifi, laptop, portable printer, hold 250 sheet, AND THAT IS WHY i AM MOBILE AND STILL ROLLING

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/9/12 5:37am
Msg #429843

One of my conditions of moving to Florida was

a generator was a MUST - we bought one and have almost the whole house wired into transfer box and it automatically kicks in within 30 sec of power loss - all we lose in an outage is the stove (grill and microwave still work), garage doors (manual conversion) and central heat/ac (window units will work in bedrooms). All computers and printers just keep chugging on. IMO it is THE single best thing we've added to this house and I'd never be without one.

Now our internet? That's a whole different story!!

Reply by HisHughness on 8/9/12 6:38am
Msg #429846

When you reach my age ...

... your whole damned life seems to be a power outage, and what's left is just a pitiful outrage.

Reply by RonnieB/NC on 8/9/12 1:40pm
Msg #429904

Re: When you reach my age ...

Mr. Hishughness I logged on a while ago and kept looking for your name. Your posts
always make my day. I am always just reading , but today I decided to join in. I read
your post yesterday about Fannie and Freddie. I hope this work out for all of us until
next year. Thank you for all the good information.

Reply by RonnieB/NC on 8/9/12 1:47pm
Msg #429906

Re: When you reach my age ...

Keep smiling ,and you will live long.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.