Notary Rotary
HP4350 dtn Laserjet printer
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by wv/or on 8/28/12 8:23am
Msg #432201

I have this dual tray printer and when I print legal size paper that has many lines in it (HUD) the lines on the paper are not clean. If I print letter size the lines are fine. I just changed the toner (built in drum), but the previous toners have done the same thing. Any ideas to what the cause is and is there a way to fix it? Thank you.

Reply by Frank/NC on 8/28/12 9:08am
Msg #432206

I don't know if this will help or sole the problem. If you have dual printer drawers, don't forget to reset those settings after you're done

”Turn the Printer on.
”Press and hold down the checkmark (Select) button while the memory is counting. The memory starts counting at 000MB immediately after you turn the power on. (Note: on laserjets 4200, 4300, 9000 you can hold down the checkmark button as you turn the power on, then wait for the three LEDs to illuminate. On the laserjets 4250, 4350, and 2400 series you need to wait until you turn the power on and the memory starts counting before you hold the checkmark button.)
”Continue to hold down the checkmark (Select) button until all three LEDs are illuminated.
”Release the checkmark (Select) button.
”Press the up arrow (Navigation) button until the message New Maintenance Kit appears on the control panel display.
”Press the checkmark button once.
”A message New Maintenance will appear in the control panel display and the printer will reset.
is will help. However, give it a try.

Reply by Barb25 on 8/28/12 11:48am
Msg #432239

Re: HP4350 dtn Laserjet printer- All that does is reset the

counter to 0 for the next "perform maintenance"

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/28/12 10:25am
Msg #432222

I have this same printer, but without duplex. Do you mean the lines are fuzzy? What dpi setting are you printing at?

Reply by wv/or on 8/28/12 10:31am
Msg #432223

The lines are fuzzy, but only on legal size. I am not sure what the dpi settings are. I will check when I get back to it. What should they be set at?

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/28/12 11:54am
Msg #432241

Mine is set at 300 dpi and I do get fuzzy lines when the file has been scanned poorly. For those particular files I set the dpi to 600. When I'm finished printing those particular files, I set it back to 300 dpi. I have not noticed it happening with legal size as opposed to letter size - for me it seems to strictly be a scan quality issue, and I can tell it's poorly scanned by looking at the file on my computer screeen.

Reply by Barb25 on 8/28/12 11:51am
Msg #432240

Is it all legal sized pages? I had a similar situation the other day on some pages on my old 4250. Don't think it was the printer though. Wonder if the was the new PDF version. It went away. Also it was a genuine HP cartridge

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.