Notary Rotary
Had to turn back a closing...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by lindetteh_PA on 8/14/12 3:30pm
Msg #430447

I'm always amazed at how SLOW PAY Title companies go out of their way to tell me they found me on NR. Don't they read their reviews?

Reply by NJDiva on 8/14/12 3:48pm
Msg #430448

I just had to do the same thing...what really stinks is that

the company the SS is hired by is a 4+star rated company who I have worked for in the past and LOOOOVE. When I saw the SS's rating, which btw when they called, they lowballed.

I said I'll do it for $XXX, she got it "approved". When she told me the name of her SS, I said, hmm, I don't think you have a good rep on NR. She said oh no, we're the "other" one. I asked her what I would find and she said no problem. When I got home and checked, it was a 3 star rated company notorious for late, slow, lowball, etc. fees. Sorry, but I'd prefer not to have the hassle. I then contacted the 4+star rated company and explained. I also mentioned that I'm not sure what type of notaries that company is getting as quality notaries would not work for a company with that type of rep.

What a shame and a waste!

Reply by Les_CO on 8/14/12 6:05pm
Msg #430458

Re: I just had to do the same thing...what really stinks is that

Even good companies get slammed sometimes and have to look for help. Usually they look to their previous good contractors, but if they too are slammed (my friend w/the SS had over 50 {w/no docs!!!} orders yesterday, and it’s not EOM) and the other good guys are full, then they call ND (or some other stooge). Interest rates are low, those that can, will try and refi, a smart move) We may have seen the bottom in the RE market, and some are hopeful that with decent leadership we as a nation can climb out of this hole that inept others have put us in. I look for the remainder of the year (depending on November 6) to be good for us. Just be wary of the 'new' guys...I see many, many never-before-heard-of SS's coming out of the woodwork. Never loan money to strangers! JMO about work NOT JP!

Reply by janCA on 8/14/12 7:20pm
Msg #430463

Re: I just had to do the same thing...what really stinks is that

I doubt whether we've seen the bottom of the housing market. That's what "they" want us to think. There are at least a million homes in the shadow inventory and there are other bubbles on the horizon. It will be a "bubblequake" so to speak.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.