Notary Rotary
Had to turn back a signing today...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by bfnotary on 8/1/12 9:00am
Msg #428935

after looking in SC, I had to turn one back today. I saved my self a lot of Bull...lol. I got the call yesturday, I was so busy, didn't get a chance to check on them until this morning. So I had to turn it back. Slow pay, no pay, shorts checks, etc, etc, Mind you I should have known when I had to really fight to get my fee met. lol.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/1/12 9:32am
Msg #428939

Don’t you just love it when they argue about your fee, and then don’t pay it?

Reply by bfnotary on 8/1/12 12:28pm
Msg #428974

lol ya what fun...(I am glad I made time this morning to check that out tho). I would have been so upset. lol. and vented on here later. Lol then been told I should have checked. (I usually always check for new companies, but I almost didn't because I was just so busy, and dead tired at same time, lol)

Reply by Les_CO on 8/1/12 3:07pm
Msg #428996

Some years ago a Ms. Smoot called me for a signing, and argued about my fee. (it’s close, it’s a small package, it’s a single signer, we’ll give you all our business in your area, etc. etc.) I had time open so I said okay I’ll do it for $110. Genuine Title STILL has NOT paid me!!!!! Thieves still in business…Ugh!

Reply by bfnotary on 8/1/12 4:45pm
Msg #429004

Huh, yesturday, I had 3 missed calls from them. (I have them on silent ringtone). Well the loan officer from genuine called me personally, lol. I answered that one, because i didn't have that number saved. He tried to get me to do that signing, I said there is no way. Even if I wasn't booked solid last night, I still would not have done it. (thanks to all you on here, and SC).

Reply by NotaryOH on 8/1/12 8:31pm
Msg #429033

On 6/12/12, Shannon Smoot asked me to do a pre-signing (RESPA disclosures) and promised payment net 15. I am well aware of Kosty's/Genuine Title's/Safir Signing's history in Notary Rotary but Shannon seems to be ok. She agreed. I followed up a few times with both her and directly to Kosty. No luck getting paid for the 6/12/12 signing. So, I contacted Todd C. Tabor (the Sr. Loan Officer, Emery Federal Credit Union -Office: 410-977-3912). He explained that unbeknownst to him (until a recent flood of complaints by notaries of non-payment issues), Emery was not aware that Genuine Title and Kosty were not paying their notaries. He followed up with Kosty and got an instant reply. All the while, Kosty completely ignored me.

On 7/31/12 (after my call the LO-Todd Tabor), Kosty replied (and copied Todd) saying, "I am cutting you a check tonight for this invoice."

I replied, "I don't believe you. Please scan a copy of the check today before mailing it. The only reason you are replying is because I contacted the LO. Otherwise, you would have kept my money!"

Kosty replied, "I have always paid you, I don't even show you ever emailing me an invoice before Shannan forwarded me one today."

My final reply was, "I have the email trails to forward to you showing that I have contacted you directly with my invoice, via email. I'll re-send them now." I re-sent the email trails and copied Todd.

That was on 7/31. Kosty has not scanned a copy of the check and I will keep following-up with Todd rather than dealing with Kosty directly. Todd said he will make sure that I'm paid.

Lesson learned. Kosty is and always will be a liar and a cheat!

Reply by jba/fl on 8/2/12 7:27am
Msg #429079

And don't forget Shannon Smoot has the same reputation. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.