Notary Rotary
Harry Please Review
Notary Discussion History

Harry Please Review
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Merritt Services, Inc. on 8/6/12 12:02pm
Msg #429492

Harry Please Review

Harry, we hired a notary Charles Tolliver on December 2nd, 2012 for a fee of $250 and we inadvertantly entered it on our spreadsheet for $225. We paid him in EIGHT DAYS but we shorted him $25 and he NEVER emailed us to ask about the mistake. He has now reported us to the Dept of Justice over $25 and has given us negative feedback on Notary Rotary.

I can send proof of where we hired him; proof of where we made a clerical error posting the payment on our spreadsheet which is what the bookkeeper uses; proof of paying him in 8 days and proof of him reporting us to the LA Justice Dept for $25.

Will you please remove this outrageous? Let me know whatever proof you need and I can send it.

My sincere thanks,
Brenda
Merritt Services, Inc.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/6/12 12:13pm
Msg #429494

Re: Harry Please Review....Brenda

I think you need to take this to e-mails with Harry. I know you're upset (I can "hear" it), and can't say I blame you, but this is not the venue for this ...

Also, your feedback in SC - it's just my personal opinion but I think you need to have them delete your retort to the poster. You're a professional and you're above that.

JMHO

Reply by Merritt Services, Inc. on 8/6/12 12:39pm
Msg #429497

How do you get Harry's email? I am not familiar with the chat area of this site. I only use the site to search for notaries.

Reply by kkat/IA on 8/6/12 12:41pm
Msg #429498

And they gave themselves a 5 star rating for their company.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/6/12 12:51pm
Msg #429499

Scroll down and click on "Contact Us" link...

although I'd wager they've seen this and are probably looking into it.

Good Luck.

Reply by NJDiva on 8/6/12 1:26pm
Msg #429508

Wow! I've known and worked with Brenda for some time

and can say that she was most definitely posting from an emotional state. Brenda has worked hard for her 4 1/2 star rating. She is straight up, honest, caring, etc., especially when it comes to having the backs of her notaries. She's not a lowballer and pays her notaries. If she says it was an honest mistake, I would stake my integrity on it.

If I was in her position, I don't know that I would have done any different. Is there anyone who is outspoken on this forum able to say they are innocent of posting inappropriate things at some point? Though too much information may have been shared, I support her and know that her only goal was to clear her good name.

So before people start passing judgement and totally character assassinating, please reconsider and not jump on the bandwagon. And so what if she DID go on and give herself a good rating. I bet President Obama and Mitt Romney are going to vote for themselves.

This should be a very big lesson. Don't automatically assume the worst (unless the company has a reputation for deception any thievery.)

Reply by NJDiva on 8/6/12 1:31pm
Msg #429511

oops "deception AND thievery" n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 8/6/12 4:54pm
Msg #429551

Re: Wow! I've known and worked with Brenda for some time

***And so what if she DID go on and give herself a good rating.***

So what?

"What" is that I have grave reservations about ANY title company or signing service that preempts a ratings board for NSAs to blow their own horn. How would you feel if a lawyer named Safir rated himself 5 stars, then got his wife, his daughter, both of his sons, his next door neighbor and his bookie to do the same? It is underhanded, and does not in any way comport with the alleged reputation for integrity that some have touted about this signing service.

That's "what."

Reply by NJDiva on 8/6/12 5:28pm
Msg #429555

That's "what." Again I say, tell Mr. Obama

and Mitt Romney the same... they believe in what they have to offer and have much more to gain...

"... then got his wife, his daughter, both of his sons, his next door neighbor and his bookie to do the same?" Really Hugh??? And are you insinuating that's what was done? How do you know ALL of the companies on SC don't do it? And furthermore, how can you tell that SHE did it? I'd like to know how that is done?

Since you are obviously pointing me out, just know I don't TOUT. I speak my truth from my heart!!! You speak yours through your intellectually, pompous, smarter than thou, feeble ego'd mind.

I usually don't like to demean when I post, so I apologize to those that are subjected to it.

However, you could have stated your opinion without a personal retort Hugh! Not cool!!!

And THAT is how I really FEEL!!!

Reply by janCA on 8/6/12 5:59pm
Msg #429560

Re: That's "what." Again I say, tell Mr. Obama

"Demeaning" personal attacks are unprofessional, period. Take it off the board. How does anyone who frequents this board, or has been coming here for years not know Hugh's humor?

Reply by NJDiva on 8/6/12 6:35pm
Msg #429568

I've been reading Hugh's "humor" for years too...

but for one thing, that wasn't humorous and for another many times LOTS of people fail to see the humor. In fact, many times it's demoralizing to women, rude, crude and socially unacceptable, especially on a public forum.

I called it demeaning, some people would call it spot on. Period. Take it off the board? Really Jan? hmmph I don't usually respond to the sickness that is "accepted" as "just" humor, but when I feel personally called out, you best believe I'm going to respond.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 8/6/12 6:09pm
Msg #429562

Re: That's "what." Again I say, tell Mr. Obama

" I speak my truth from my heart!!! You speak yours through your intellectually, pompous, smarter than thou, feeble ego'd mind."

In Hugh's defense, that's better than where some folks think his truth comes from...

I don't think he was pointing you out - he was just responding to something you wrote, in his inimitable and curmudgeonly way. If you don't want people to react or respond negatively to what you post, why bother posting at all? Just because someone disagrees with you here doesn't mean they're attacking you personally; believe me, you'll KNOW when they are attacking you personally.

Step back and take another look at this - I think you're overreacting.

Reply by janCA on 8/6/12 6:55pm
Msg #429573

Agree, Mike. n/m

Reply by NJDiva on 8/6/12 6:57pm
Msg #429574

Thank you for that point of view, Mike, but I think you

may want to re-read my post and then his. It's quite obvious he's patronizing me and belittling what I had said.

Touting is a derogatory word, IMO, and copying and pasting (that's "what") would naturally offend and put a person on the defensive.

Why was that even necessary? The term "so what if" is a statement, not a question that needs a snide response. I felt like I was being taunted. I don't do so well with that.

Of course we're at liberty to give any opinion we want. I can take it, just like I can give it. But if I feel it's out of line, and undermining my integrity, I'm going to respond in what I think is like. Jan was right, it certainly wasn't professional, but...there's no excuse, it wasn't right,

So hey, I'm human. I hope the board will accept my apology for "overreacting", and saying some not so nice things .

No, this wasn't the place for it, but hey, I TRY to keep my big mouth shut...that enter button clicks way too easy.

Reply by anotaryinva on 8/6/12 5:53pm
Msg #429559

Re: Wow! I've known and worked with Brenda for some time

I think the only way for her to respond to the comment made by the LA notary was to post a comment, Im pretty sure you need to assign a star rating to each post. Maybe sc needs a place where sc and tc's can give rebuttle posts (tripadvisor and even ripoff reports have this feature)

Reply by Les_CO on 8/7/12 11:43pm
Msg #429748

Are you trying to give Kosti ideas Hugh? n/m

Reply by Jack/AL on 8/6/12 1:05pm
Msg #429500

December 2, 2012? Perhaps in 2011, 2010, 2009, etc......... n/m

Reply by NJDiva on 8/6/12 1:29pm
Msg #429509

Re: December 2, 2012? Perhaps in 2011, 2010, 2009, etc. HUH

HUH? WTH are you trying to say Jack? lol

Reply by Jack/AL on 8/7/12 9:08am
Msg #429611

NJDiva, here in UA (upper Alabama), we've not yet had a

December 2, 2012, as per the OP. We're sometimes a bit slow, and that date should arrive in about 16 1/2 weeks............

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 8/6/12 2:42pm
Msg #429528

I will say that Mr. Tolliver has bragged on linkedin about suing a borrower & a title company for his fees because the signing service went bankrupt.

I kid you not.

Reply by anotaryinva on 8/6/12 3:00pm
Msg #429533

I just went to leave a review for a different co, and someone from LA posted this on the same
day

Date Rating Member Comment Author
8/5/2012 Outstanding Invoice from 4/24 reported to Atty Gen office..... LA Contact Author

Reply by MistarellaFL on 8/7/12 9:24am
Msg #429613

The LA DOJ got involved in a 25.00 accounting error?

What's wrong with this picture?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.