Tom

Reply by Buddy Young on 8/23/12 9:59am
Msg #431649

Yes, that is the first step.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/23/12 10:02am
Msg #431650

??????????????????

***I was wondering if I did a good thing signing on with Notary Rotary***

Asking that question <ON> Notary Rotary is much like your boss asking if you think he's competent. Just how many different answers do you think you're going to get?

Reply by Gregory/CA on 8/23/12 10:03am
Msg #431651

Its a step in the right direction. Welcome. n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 8/23/12 10:21am
Msg #431655

If you're talking about advertising, NR is one of the

top listing sites, and IMO the best one. I get a majority of my biz from here. Make sure you complete your profile--it's valuable advertising space. I also recommend a Premium Membership, which will place you higher on the listings in your area.
Otherwise, there's a wealth of info available for those who follow the forum.

Reply by NJDiva on 8/23/12 10:29am
Msg #431657

Best move you could have made for yourself and your business

We are very fortunate to have this site. I've learned so much here and continue to learn on a daily basis. I remember as a kid my grandfather always saying "you learn something new everyday." He's absolutely right when it comes to this forum especially.

Though some of us here tend to come off as ruff and gruff, just know that many of the "long timers" here didn't have this forum and had to work hard and learn through trials and tribulations what most newbies are lucky enough to be handed on a silver platter.

The orange search button is your best friend. Before posting, perform due diligence. Investigate whether or not it's already been answered. It's very frustrating (especially to many longtimers that have provided the answers over, and over, and over...you get it) when once a week or so the same exact question is asked over and over...you get it...lol

A sense of entitlement has no place here. Saks 5th Avenue would not go to Neiman Marcus to ask how to start/run their business, where to get clients or what they should charge for their products (services). Keep in mind that this is a very competitive business you have made a choice to undertake. Besides, all those answers can be found with the Orange Search button. Very importantly do not undercut or defame this industry by pricing yourself so low as not to be able to maintain a viable business. Very rarely will I go below $XXX. Don't believe these lowballing companies (thieves) that try to tell you it's too much. They just want to make as much off you as possible. If you're gullible, ignorant, desperate enough to do so, then don't waste your time and don't ruin this industry. It's getting worse and worse with these companies. If they don't want to raise their prices, why should we have to give them part of OUR pay.

Go to the Signing Central tab. That's where you'll find companies. Try to stay away from the companies that are 3 1/2 stars or lower. I don't consciously work for anything under 4 stars. The others have low ratings FOR A REASON! Give them the benefit of a doubt and chances are you'll get...well, um, ugh, (sc******d). And if you do, by all means PLEASE come on and let us know. Though you may get slammed, many will appreciate you having to learn the lesson rather than them. After all, you've already been forewarned.

Okay, okay, so I probably offered WAY more info than you inquired about, but many times people come on and end up getting slammed. Just trying to deter you from getting your feelings hurt right off the bat.

Please know that when I say YOU, it is meant in the third person to everyone new to Notary Rotary. It is nothing personal to the poster.

Welcome to you and wishing you much success in the business.

Warmly,
Cheryl

Reply by MW/VA on 8/23/12 10:39am
Msg #431659

Great info, Cheryl. :-) Did NR pay you for that

endorsement? (LOL--joking, of course--hehe)

Reply by NJDiva on 8/23/12 11:24am
Msg #431665

LMAO...It's probably evident that if I'm passionate about

something, there is no holding back; and sometimes if I'm emotionally involved, it seems my filter doesn't work either (of course we have to take into account if it's a full moon, the date or whether or not I've eaten..lol).

Don't you worry bout a thing Marilyn. I know you're kidding! xo

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 8/23/12 11:40am
Msg #431671

Passionate . . .

I agree with Marilyn, Cheryl. Great job posting. All P's from the post: Passionate - Positive - Persuasive.

I would say, this will be a COPY/PASTE item in future!!!

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 8/23/12 11:41am
Msg #431673

Re: Passionate . . .

Oops . . . I forgot to add PROFESSIONAL

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/24/12 2:57am
Msg #431785

Yep, great post, Cheryl! n/m

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 8/23/12 4:15pm
Msg #431710

Hello Tom Leeds.

Signing services often come to this site. When we have to go outside out network to cover an assignment this is one of only a few places our service looks to.

If you want some sound advice I strongly suggest you post more rather than less information in your profile if you want people to call you. I am amazed at how many people do not post their credentials, experience or ANYTHING in their profile and expect to get calls for work. I am shocked when I see premium paid listings on this site without a single word in the comment section. Those folks are wasting their money.

If you are an experienced signing agent, let people know what your experience is. If you are new and lacking experience consider injecting something in that profile about yourself that will pique their interest so they have a reason to call you.

Reply by Frank/NC on 8/23/12 8:19pm
Msg #431743

They walk among us!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.