Notary Rotary
Help! I'm trying to get my paper tray to work! I finally got
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Sonja Varese on 8/30/12 11:49am
Msg #432512

a laser printer (HP LaserJet Pro 400 m401n) and ordered the paper tray. It's plugged in and working separately, but I can't figure out how to tell the computer/printer to print legal & letter at the same time. Meanwhile, I've been printing docs letter, then legal, then letter...taking me average 45 mins. I spent 2 hrs on phone with HP tech support (sounded like I was calling a foreign country, no help at all). What am I not doing that will make it be set up correctly so I only have to press print ONE time? My computer is a Mac. Thanks for any help in advance.

Reply by Barb25 on 8/30/12 12:00pm
Msg #432514

I don't know about your printer specifically. But you need to let your printer know it has this additional try and set it up Typically it us under printer properties. Go to Printers and devices and find printer properties. On mine I would click on Device Settings. You would see Tray 3...drop down menu legal/letter whatever. And down further install. Tray 3,4, whatever. You will know what to do when you see it. Apply. ok and you will be in business. I think. I have a LJ4250. Anyhow that is what I have to do.

Reply by Stoli on 8/30/12 12:50pm
Msg #432526

Msg #400504 By Glenn Stickler - It can't be done

Msg #400504
By: Glenn Stickler

Perhaps it's not the printer, but it a problem with Adobe Reader. The version for Mac does not have the "choose tray by paper size" box to check. Why? Steve Jobs had issues with Flash. Didn't like Flash. Guess who owns Flash? .. You guessed it. Adobe. I have some word from my Apple Geek friends that may be changing in the next few months as Adobe and Apple may reconcile.

I am several years removed from using Apple computers. I became frustrated with the Mac's incompatibility with the business programs I needed to run.

Perhaps it's not the printer, but it a problem with Adobe Reader. The version for Mac does not have the "choose tray by paper size" box to check. Why? Steve Jobs had issues with Flash. Didn't like Flash. Guess who owns Flash? .. You guessed it. Adobe. I have some word from my Apple Geek friends that may be changing in the next few months as Adobe and Apple may reconcile.

I am several years removed from using Apple computers. I became frustrated with the Mac's incompatibility with the business programs I needed to run.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.