Notary Rotary
Hope for Home 6/26- only going to pay $45 agreed fee was $75
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by NotaryOH on 8/1/12 8:54pm
Msg #429036

I completed a signing (painfully) on 6/26/12. The gal was about to lose her home and Hope for Home was going to assist her. However, she and I soon discovered that Hope for Home failed to mention that money was payments to them were due at the signing appt.

At the signing (her workplace), I called and emailed Rodger (her rep) and Alisa Wren (the admin), during the appointment using my iPhone saying. My follow-up said, "I am at the borrower's workplace and have been waiting patiently while she has been on the phone with Rodger. She is unhappy with the amount due and not being told ahead of time about the amount due. She is on the fence. I will need to leave. She is upset and this is uncomfortable."

After a lengthy discussion with Rodger, the gal ended up signing and she submitted post-dated checks.

Hope for Home thanked me for my patience. The same day, I sent my invoice and scanbacks of the entire package on 6/26/12. Our agreed fee was $75.00. Since then, I have been following up on payment because I was promised payment on 7/2/12 (quick turn around promised by Alexa Wren).

On 7/31/12, I received an email saying, "Please re-send me your invoice. I need your address. Thank you. Jennifer Stedham, Administrator - Hope For Home (888) 232-8572 Ext. 333"

She promised to email the check number today but did not follow through on her word. She did not email me the check number. Instead, she called and said, "In response to your email, Alexa Wren no longer works here and we only pay $40.00"

I said, "You are going to pay me $75.00 or you will never hear the end of it."

How incredibly annoying! Any suggestions? Please be nice. I am feeling upset. I want to believe what people tell me. This is shocking.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 8/1/12 9:04pm
Msg #429039

Did you use the actual borrower's name in this post?

If so, you need to request the site admin delete your post.

Reply by NotaryOH on 8/1/12 9:05pm
Msg #429042

Re: Did you use the actual borrower's name in this post?

No, I didn't mention the borrowe's name. I said, "the gal."

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/2/12 5:40am
Msg #429073

"I said 'the gal' " - umm..no you didn't

You said "I am at <first name> <last name>'s workplace and have been waiting patiently while she has been on the phone with Rodger."

I've reported it just in case....

Also in the future you may want to check here before working for someone - Hope for Home has been discussed and if memory serves me it was not glowing reviews. I may be wrong, but I seem to recall this company is under investigation for ripping people off.

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/1/12 9:05pm
Msg #429041

Surely hope you 'got it in writing'. If so, simply fax the order with the $75 fee shown---and never ever give in.

However, calm down first and get your ducks in a row. In the subject line you say $45, but in the body of the post you say $40.

If this company isn't already in Signing Central, put them in and add your comments. Also we ALL would appreciate it if you will say they do business in all states (they probably do) but unless you list ALL STATES, a lot of notaries will never see it.

Reply by NotaryOH on 8/1/12 9:11pm
Msg #429043

Re: Hope for Home 6/26- only going to pay $40 agreed fee $75

I am beside myself. I spent a chunk of time today with follow-up emails on two past due invoices today. She is trying to tell me that they only pay $40. I have a Bachelor's in Accounting and am careful. I am sorry for the typo. I am just worn down from today's follow-up to Kosty and Hope for Home.

Reply by NotaryOH on 8/1/12 9:19pm
Msg #429044

Re: Hope for Home 6/26- only going to pay $40 agreed fee $75

Teresa, is there a way to simply delete the borrower's name? I noticed that it was used when I was trying to explain what happened. This has been such a disappointing experience I wanted to share it with folks.

Also, how I create Hope for Home as a signing company/entity in Signing Central?

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 8/1/12 9:22pm
Msg #429045

go to SS and click add company n/m

Reply by Teresa/FL on 8/1/12 9:34pm
Msg #429047

You cannot edit posts. Must ask site admin to delete. n/m

Reply by NotaryOH on 8/1/12 9:37pm
Msg #429048

Re: You cannot edit posts. Must ask site admin to delete.

I tried to add Hope for home to signing central but it says that it's already in the process of being added (says reference Request ID is 700). I will contact Notary Rotary tomorrow to delete the borrower's name. I was trying to be detailed but was too detailed. Lesson learned. Life today and recently has been one big challenge after another.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 8/1/12 9:48pm
Msg #429052

I think the entire post must be deleted.

As far as I know, it is not possible to redact only certain information from a post.

I understand your frustration with Hope for Home. I have turned down requests from them myself.

Reply by NotaryOH on 8/1/12 9:56pm
Msg #429053

Once Hope for Home is added to Signing Central - I'll repost

I'll talk to Notary Rotary tomorrow and re-post with just "the gal' rather than the borrower's name.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/2/12 1:15am
Msg #429067

Re: Once Hope for Home is added to Signing Central - I'll repost

If by some chance you can't sleep and are still up, you click on "contact us" at the very bottom of this page. It will get their attention first thing and may get faster action. Although you may be in the same time zone as them - unlike some of us out west... Wink Still, they might read emails sooner than they begin answering the phones.

Good luck with getting the fee issue corrected!

Reply by ToniK on 8/1/12 10:31pm
Msg #429055

You mentioned Kosty in a subsequent post

Uh arent they Genuine Title/Safir signings? Sorry to hear your issue. Was there a confirmation they sent you?

I could care less who no longer works with the company or not. You have an agreed upon fee with a representative of teh said company. The company is still liable for paying you the fee.

Reply by NotaryOH on 8/1/12 10:41pm
Msg #429056

Re: You mentioned Kosty in a subsequent post

To avoid confusion, reply in that previous post because this one is regarding Hope for Home. Thx Wink

Reply by MW/VA on 8/2/12 6:37am
Msg #429075

If this was one of the "foreclosure rescue" scams that

requires a fee upfront, those aren't legal in most states to begin with. What kind of "signing" was this?

Reply by Stamper_WI on 8/2/12 9:55am
Msg #429090

It is

http://www.ripoffreport.com/telemarketing-companies/hope-for-home/hope-for-home-hope-4-home-hope-2b620.htm

Reply by MW/VA on 8/2/12 2:37pm
Msg #429117

Yikes! I don't think her only worry is not getting

paid. :-(

Reply by MW/VA on 8/2/12 8:57pm
Msg #429164

You may be out $75, but that woman is probably going

to lose her home. There is a reason why most states have made these transactions illegal--they're scams! :-(

Reply by bfnotary on 8/2/12 8:35am
Msg #429083

My suggestion is don't take 75 dollar signings. Just a suggestion. Cheap companies are usually a hassle, notaries are worth more than 75 bucks.

Reply by Frank/NC on 8/2/12 9:03am
Msg #429085

I'm certain I've said this before but to say it again, "why take cheapo jobs anyway. Every single one of them is a problem, be it payment, docs, dealing with problems of one kind or another, or for sure the biggest reason not to take them is there is no profit for you. If every single notary would not take cheap jobs, those companies would be out of business and this would become the profession it is supposed to be.

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 8/2/12 4:56pm
Msg #429137

I am not an attorney, but IMHO revealing the name of a borrower in a public blog environment is a breach of privacy and Grahm-Leach laws. You'd better hope it goes no further than this forum.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 8/2/12 5:25pm
Msg #429144

"I am not an attorney, but IMHO revealing the name of a borrower in a public blog environment is a breach of privacy and Grahm-Leach laws. You'd better hope it goes no further than this forum."

Let's not go overboard here - in a country of 300+ million people, the name is probably not unique. No other identifying info was provided, nor do we know what company this person works for or where that company is.

Cut the OP some slack - the name should not have been used, but it's not like this person has now had their personal data made available for everyone to see.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/3/12 7:15am
Msg #429196

I think almost everyone is missing the main point here.

If you participate in a scam, are you surprised if you are scammed out of your money?
Posting the name isn't the worst part of this whole scenario. It was a scam from the get-go. Most of us wouldn't get involved in those for any amt. of money!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.