Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
How much memory does an NSA printer need for docs?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by HSH/WA on 8/19/12 12:21am
Msg #430997

Looking at one with 32mb. Been on search.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/19/12 1:20am
Msg #431000

It probably depends on the printer and the printing and processing speed. My first printer had only 32mb and it wasn't enough. I couldn't always just send the whole attachment to print because the speed between the pc I had then and the speed of the printer were different and it would stop printing before it finished the document. I don't remember the details, but I think the max I could send to print at a time was about 70 pages. That was a long time ago when we actually used to get lots of packages that were about that size. Certainly not the case today!

I think my main printer that I now use has just 64mb of memory and that hasn't ever been a problem, but it prints at about twice the speed of the old one I started out with. But I'm certain there will be others who will know more than I do on this topic... Wink

Reply by JPH13/MO on 8/19/12 11:23am
Msg #431011

Mine only has 32 mb and works just fine

The Brother HL-5370-DWT that many others use. It does tend to pause for a short time if docs are more than around 110 pages, but it prints quickly overall and rarely jams. Docs print straight thru so if it does jam it's really easy to fix. Wireless, dual tray, smaller than my old inkjet, I recommend it and got one for $249 including free shipping a little over a year ago. The only downside I find with it is that it sometimes says paper is out when there is still about 1/3 left in one of the trays.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/19/12 7:07pm
Msg #431073

I've been using several Brother printers in the 5000 series,

5240, 5250, and newer version is 5370. I've never had a memory problem with any of these printers, and they take large files without any problem.
When I had HP printers it was another story. The files usually go to a memory in the printer, first, before starting printing. It really bogged things down, and no matter how much memory I put on them it was the same issue. Not bashing HP printers, but they didn't work well for me.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.