Notary Rotary
I don't understand some notaries...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by bfnotary on 8/9/12 6:20pm
Msg #429941

Today at 8 am, I had a reverse closing. I went to the signing, and we will call her sally. (hehe). Sally stated she was really leary of going through with this signing due to the last notary. Needless to say, this notary was not good at all. The borrowers drivers license only has first and last name, passport has middle initial (same as on docs), and ss card has middle name wrote out. That notary would not accept Id because docs has first, mi, and last, and the dl has just first and last. Even tho she had passport with the same as docs. And that isn't all. She also stated that the notary came in dressed like she was living on the streets. How pathetic is that. If you don't take your job seriously, why do it? She told the company, if you send that notary back out here, I will not sign a single document. So they called me. And she put in a good word for me, when they called her to see how it was going this time around.

Shame on that notary, but hooray for me!!

Reply by Eve/VA on 8/9/12 8:47pm
Msg #429964

Three sides to every story ... n/m

Reply by NJDiva on 8/10/12 2:54pm
Msg #430035

"I don't understand some notaries..."

" She also stated that the notary came in dressed like she was living on the streets." "She told the company if you send that notary back out here, I will not ..."

And finally:

"she put in a good word for me... hooray for me!!"

First impressions make lasting impressions. You never know who you're going to meet in this biz.

It is certainly disheartening when I hear the above types of experiences bo's have had, but it also feels good to know that I am able to, hopefully, make it right with them. I strive to leave them feeling better than when I got there. I especially like de-escalating an unhappy person. Most people just want to be acknowledged, understood and respected. Accomplish that and it's beneficial for everyone. But I mostly do it for my own selfish reasons. It is incredibly rewarding to make a difference in someone's life.

Too bad for that other notary is more like it. You probably just won yourself your calls and hers too.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.