Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
I have the weirdest situation with my HP Printers...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by NJDiva on 8/10/12 4:03pm
Msg #430047

I have a P3015 and a P2035. When I print BOA documents (ONLY, it seems) some of the pages (especially within the 30 pages of the closing instructions) will not print right. I'm not sure how to explain it, but it's like the page is "streaked?" It will print sporadically and make thick dark lines across paragraphs so that none of the verbiage is there.

Again, it seems like it's primarily BOA. Oh, and I think it may have started doing that when I started using my laptop. I don't think it ever did it with my PC.

Any ideas?

Reply by ArtG/KS on 8/10/12 4:08pm
Msg #430049

I used to see that happen using Adobe X. If you use that reader on certain OS's you must let the print session finish before doing anything else. If you start clicking or doing something else it will cause docs to streak and garble. Adobe has never came up with an explanation for that either.

That said however, I did call a title company once about garble docs that appeared not only on my screen but (now dont fall out of your chair) they admitted the same garble was on their screens and would have to get a refresh doc set sent. Amazing.

Reply by NJDiva on 8/10/12 4:14pm
Msg #430051

I don't like Adobe X and I hope that that's not what I'm using. It really messed me up. I had to delete it and install another version.

Reply by bfnotary on 8/10/12 7:37pm
Msg #430067

My printer does that sometimes too, I could never figure out why, It makes me mad when it does it. I still don't know how to fix it when it does it. But I think I may be using adobe X as well.. Hmm, maybe I will delete it, and download a different one.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/10/12 7:40pm
Msg #430068

A fellow notary has told me that with BOA docs, if you save them to your computer and change the file name, they will appear all garbled. So if you save them, don't change the file name. I think when I had the problem I had changed the file name to the borrowers last name and date of signing.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 8/10/12 8:13pm
Msg #430071

Update Adobe Acrobat, Re-install printer drivers

If that doesn't work, your printer RAM may be failing, but I've had that problem a number of times intermittently, and updates and re-installing (latest version) drivers seemed to do it. I have a couple of HP P2015s.

Reply by Gerry Grummons on 8/11/12 8:07am
Msg #430094

Re: Update Adobe Acrobat, Re-install printer drivers

Same thing with me. Sometimes with other small packages as well. Now I just print one set at
a time and make sure all are OK before printing set # 2. Sometimes it's only set # 2 that prints
with streaks. I would shut off the printer and let it cool then start over. I have 2 HP's and same
thing happens with both. When I get the streaks. I go back and print one page at a time to replace.
Thank goodness it does't happen often. Would appreciate any input.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/12/12 4:44pm
Msg #430202

Re: Update Adobe Acrobat, Re-install printer drivers

If you look up the specs for that printer, it says that even though the max duty cycle is 15,000 copies /mo, the recommended monthly volume is only 740 to 3000 pages. Many people will easily exceed that top level within a week - some even within a few days. On some of the other models people mentioned here, those numbers are even less.

I have no idea if that would have anything to do with the problem being discussed, but it's certainly worth keeping in mind when selecting printers. Exceeding those recommended levels could probably create a variety of problems and also reduce the useful life of the printer. Others who know much more than I do on this might be able to provide more info.

Reply by bagger on 8/11/12 8:07am
Msg #430093

Try changing your Adobe settings to "Print as Image"

It's a little slower but works for me.

Reply by ArtG/KS on 8/11/12 8:44am
Msg #430099

Re: Try changing your Adobe settings to "Print as Image"

The Acrobat X (PDF Writer) sometimes causes garble. The Adobe X (PDF Reader) causes the streaks when disturbed during the print session. Let the print session finish completely before starting the print session for the copy set of docs. Every since I have done it this way several months ago, Ive had no problems with streaks. But just as sure as I start a second set before the first set is done, even using another printer, it will streak randomly on some pages.

Reply by Clem/CA on 8/11/12 12:21pm
Msg #430122

I found that if you close the file the open it again for the second print it works fine

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.