Notary Rotary
Important info for Sprint users.. While I have fairly good
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Bob_Chicago on 8/23/12 10:23am
Msg #431656

cell service in my area, the reception inside of my house is very ppor.
My office is in my basement, and I need to keep my phone at the top of the staris run up to answer it ,and then stand by the front door to be able to communicate easily.
I called Sprint to tell them of the problem. They sent me a gadget called an Airave. Hooks up to your WIFI in about 10 minutes. Minimal cost.
I now have 5 "bars" all over the house including the basement.
You might want to check it out

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/23/12 3:03pm
Msg #431701

Verizon has a "network extender" but it costs $250. I would love to have one because the service in my house has always been on the poor side, but I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on it. Tried to get Verizon to give me one since service inside my house is so poor, but it was a no-go.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/23/12 4:18pm
Msg #431711

I'm getting an idea here ... wait a moment, it's coming ...

... I can feel it, it's just right there ... I can see the outlines now, they're clearer and clearer and ... YES! YES! YES! I've got it!

Why don't you switch carriers?

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/23/12 8:37pm
Msg #431746

Re: I'm getting an idea here ... wait a moment, it's coming ...

I had AT&T before - same problem but worse. The real problem is the way my house is situated in the neighborhood - kind of low down a slight hill. I don't think it matters what carrier I have - none of them get good reception in my home.

Reply by anotaryinva on 8/23/12 9:12pm
Msg #431752

You probably have a well built house! n/m

Reply by RickG/CA on 8/23/12 7:43pm
Msg #431736

Re: Used the same thing for about a month...

finally fed up with having to dial the area code for local numbers, I disconnected the thing and had it sent back. The signal was noticiably stronger, however the reception was not better at least not on my end.

Since then, Sprint has had some improvements to towers in my area, however my house is a virtual dead spot for all carriers.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 8/24/12 12:05am
Msg #431782

hummmm. I'm going to give it a try since its free n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.