Notary Rotary
Insured Closings OH
Notary Discussion History

Insured Closings OH
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Marna Lawson on 8/14/12 1:26pm
Msg #430428

Insured Closings OH

I did 3 jobs for Insured Closings in April. I finally got paid in August. They have a history of saying the payment has been processed. That doesn't mean mailed. So it is printed and run through their postage machine. Then it sits on a desk until they are able to mail it out. This time I enlisted the aid of the title company and the check was mailed. Never again.

Reply by Jack/AL on 8/14/12 1:36pm
Msg #430429

Likewise. My last check was for 4 signings, the oldest of which was over 100 days earlier and without paperwork delays or problems, other than my getting paid! Yes, I'd previously been told that payment went out "on Tuesday" and then again on Friday that "it's going out today." Almost 2 weeks later, I got a response from the check signer, saying that she'd been gone for 10 days, but would send it right away. They have a tendency to make obsurd comments, and apparently expect us to repeatedly believe their lies, such as "we always pay within 4 to 6 weeks," even if you call about a payment that is much further overdue. I've told them that I won't work for them again.

Reply by docs1954CA on 8/14/12 2:11pm
Msg #430434

From the comments in Signing Central

It looks like this is their standard operating procedure.Lots of 1 star ratings and numerous complaints on slow pay, yet some people continue to take their work....Why??

Reply by NJDiva on 8/14/12 2:25pm
Msg #430438

YES, Yes, yes! Why?????

But THANK YOU so much for sharing it with us. Newbies need to know that those reviews are REAL and STILL happening.

Hopefully, your story of woe will save some other poor notary (I really want to say sap, sucker, fool-but that's NOT what I really mean. I save the name calling for really emotionally charged responses when it's TOTALLY inappropriate...lmao)from the angst you've experienced.

Sorry for your pain, but hopefully you've helped others.

I'm very happy that you got paid!!! Good luck! Smile

Reply by Jack/AL on 8/14/12 2:26pm
Msg #430439

Some folks are skeptical about whether the electric

fence has electricity power (including myself), so we'll eventually touch it or tinkle on it, just to be certain. Then, just maybe we'll think that it just was not worth it! Either way, lesson learned.

Reply by NJDiva on 8/14/12 2:29pm
Msg #430440

Re: Some folks are skeptical about whether the electric

" so we'll eventually touch it or tinkle on it, just to be certain." hmph, speak for yourself. I wouldn't THINK about "tinkling" on it...too close for comfort for me thank you very much!!!

Reply by HisHughness on 8/14/12 2:24pm
Msg #430437

Jack, you are a long-time and active member ...

... of the NotRot family. There's no doubt that you know about Signing Central. Going back more than a year, every rating this company has is one or two stars, except for two outliers of three stars -- both of which cited slow pay problems. Why on earth would you ever accept one assignment from these people, much less four?

Reply by Jack/AL on 8/14/12 2:35pm
Msg #430441

HisHughness, see the comment above about the fence.

I know you'll understand that one. I'd had a few scattered signings over several months, and they eventaully paid me after 60 to 70 days or so, even when telling me they pay after 4 to 6 weeks. I did post once, months ago, saying I'd do a follow-up after I had more information with which to report. Now, I have it. I just kept wanting to believe them but after a while, the lies just did not make sense. To believe a lie, it should make sense. They did eventually pay, so we're even, and I'll not be chasing payments from that company, again.

Reply by Jack/AL on 8/14/12 2:36pm
Msg #430442

NJDiva, the trick is to get someone else to do the tinkling!

That worked for me, once!

Reply by NJDiva on 8/14/12 3:03pm
Msg #430445

lol...you didn't believe them either???? lmao n/m

Reply by CentralNY on 8/14/12 4:22pm
Msg #430449

Re: lol...you didn't believe them either???? lmao

They were decent in the day (2003-2007) but as we all know this is far from THE DAY.

Reply by Sheila Speckin on 8/31/12 1:50pm
Msg #432657

I have done closings in the past for this company---Had not heard from them in a while and received a call early June for a signing--I stupidly did NOT check NOTROT before accepting this one----BIG MISTAKE----Had I read these posts I would have told them to pound sand- it is now August 31 and I still have not gotten paid---lots of excuses but no $$-I called the Freedom Direct as well as Liberty Title (the folks who hired them) to let them know that their client is a deadbeat- I also filed a complaint with the BBB and will be calling the borrower as well----We work very hard and drop everything to accommodate these companies- I offer professional, reliable service and WILL NOT accept this type of treatment-Incidentally, I had another one that was late--I asked for a $15.00 late fee and RECEIVED IT!!!!!!!!!! So, thanks for reading my rant, but we all have to stick together!!!!!!!!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.