Notary Rotary
Interesting comparison of signing techniques. I had
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by MW/VA on 8/23/12 7:40pm
Msg #431734

the closing this afternoon on my refi (yeah!-3.5%). It closed at a tc, and the gal was an attorney & notary. She actually dated all the docs before she handed it to me, including the RTC's. I'd like to see us get away with that. LOL
She was really proficient, and we were finished in 15 minutes--start to finish! I learned a few pointers, too. :-)

Reply by bagger on 8/23/12 7:52pm
Msg #431740

I had a loan officer suoervisor for Guarnteed rate once.
He took the stack from me and just startes signing!!

10 Minutes from the time I sat down, I was packing up.

Reply by anotaryinva on 8/23/12 8:33pm
Msg #431744

get out, both of you

I want details. How many pages total to you guess the docs were, were you ever sworn in for any, and how can we all learn from your experience?

Reply by MW/VA on 8/23/12 8:40pm
Msg #431747

Standard refi pkg--about 100 pgs--no oath for affs.

It was interesting to be on the signing side, but I had no questions--I already knew all the details of this loan. Great service from a local WF LO, btw. Thank you, thank you to the HARP2 program!!!! :-)

Reply by anotaryinva on 8/23/12 9:09pm
Msg #431751

Re: Standard refi pkg--about 100 pgs--no oath for affs.

15 minutes? Did the notary just hand you the docs and say 'sign'. I've done signings pretty quickly when the borrowers are in a rush but never 15 minutes. Spill the beans, did he even pause or mention you rtc, the HUD, the TIL, the Note, the DOT, the W9?

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 8/23/12 9:12pm
Msg #431753

Way to go, Marilynn! Just when I think I've got a "technique" down, somebody changes the rules on me. Hastily reviewed closing instructions before a signing today and after leaving the borrower AND when in front of the UPS store, I notice a line in the Notary Checklist: Have all pages of mortgage initialed. Now, this is REALLY REALLY frustrating to me - as I was taught to do just that. But after getting yelled at once for having bor initial a DOT once, I now just look for the directions on the page (the initial lines). As there were none, I didn't presume.

But thankfully I caught, called the SC who said, "sorry, yes they want initials." So, back I went. And the SCs want to know WHY we have drop dead doc receipt times, fees, etc. I see why the Title companies add all these pages of extra TO DOs, caveats, etc. to cover themselves. It's easier than actually incorporating into their standard SOPs!

Just when I learn it . . . it changes (sigh):

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/24/12 11:04pm
Msg #431933

What I want to know is why they don't have initial lines on the pages if they want the BOs to initial every page?!! Guess that makes too much sense. Wink

You touched on one of the most frustrating things in this business: what one client requires, another one forbids... And what's driving me nuts lately is that instructions are scattered all over, some in the confirmation, some in the email that forwarded the docs (sometimes in an altogether different email), and others inside the attachments - sometimes buried in the middle of the document package! And, of course, each lender, tc, ss, etc., does things differently. Plus, when we work with lots of different companies, some just occasionally, it doesn't help us make sure we haven't missed anything - before, during, and after. Collectively, it seems some companies make things more complicated than they probably need to be, then complain that they don't get compliance from notaries. I'm just sayin'...

I'm also just really tired and grumpy this evening, even though I had several really nice signers today (with one exception) - and I start early again tomorrow... Whew! Did EOM come early this month? Wink It's been crazy here!

Reply by ToniK on 8/23/12 9:56pm
Msg #431756

Ive done loan signings in 10-15 mins before...actually alot. Most of my signings are 20 or less.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 8/24/12 12:03am
Msg #431781

sure, but a 100 pages? inconceivable! n/m

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 8/25/12 7:20pm
Msg #432023

VA ladies

Wow, you guys make this look too easy. I could learn a lot from my fellow Virginia gals!!

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 8/23/12 11:56pm
Msg #431779

were there any words spoken? 15 mins? wow!! n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 8/24/12 7:50am
Msg #431800

Yes, quick review of HUD, TIL, RTC's, etc. No initials on

DOT. She knew I was an NSA also. We all know that most of the pkg. is disclosures. This was a clean & simple WF pkg. It was a great experience & was glad to close at a tc office for a change. I did my signing between appt., and it was the least stressful part of my day. :-)

Reply by MW/VA on 8/24/12 7:53am
Msg #431804

Also, since we were at an office, she ran my copy after the

docs were signed. I don't have that option with being mobile.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 8/24/12 10:22am
Msg #431827

love that! and love WF loans!! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.