Notary Rotary
Is it possible to assume
Notary Discussion History

Is it possible to assume
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by F2F/FL on 8/23/12 5:18pm
Msg #431718

Is it possible to assume

that SS's, TC's, Mortgagers, etc. have a forum or website that they go to to look for names of Notaries Public either by name or business name, where they can list (us) for negative or good reasons, do not hire reasons, or no pay complaints?

I am thinking that it would be the opposite, but the same as what we do about them G/B/U.

If anyone has an answer to my question, would you please share the www. address with us so we could see if our name is on that list. I'm not saying that I would find my name there but maybe the (notaries public) that take on the lowballers work and they don't get (what they feel they paid for) their names/business name might be on that list.

Just thinkin outside the box that such a forum may exist.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 8/23/12 5:44pm
Msg #431721

Such a web site has been rumored to exist at times, but if it does it must be super-secret because I've never seen any evidence of it.

Quite frankly, I don't think those guys have the time or inclination to create such a web site. We know that some of them DO monitor NR, and it's likely they have their own short list of notaries they won't hire (someone who exhibits an unprofessional attitude, for instance), but I doubt there is an industry-wide effort to rate notaries. For one thing, there's a heck of a lot more of us than there are of them

The low-ballers will go with anyone foolish enough to take their offer, the better notaries won't accept those offers, and the companies willing to pay for the service we provide are not going to be put off by complaints about not getting paid or about low offers. The only ones who might be concerned about companies with low pay/slow pay/no pay complaints are other companies that do the same thing - and you don't want them calling you anyway...

Reply by Sandra Clark on 8/23/12 6:47pm
Msg #431725

Don't know about a list such as that but there are ways to locate some of the bad guys on Linked-in. Kosti Safir is on that web site and the people that he or his company owe money to can/or could go there to give opinions. There a tab within that site that allows you to comment of your working relationship with him and his company. Might be worth a try, couldn't hurt if you use statements of fact that you can back up. This is not legal advice - I am not an attorney but I did stay at the Holiday Inn Express once! LOL

Reply by F2F/FL on 8/24/12 10:25am
Msg #431829

Thank You Sandra and Mike for your opinions on this subject.

I'm going to get back into the box now, but it can be fun out there when you need to think about questions of very intellegent people.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.