Notary Rotary
J.B. Nutter File
Notary Discussion History

J.B. Nutter File
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Carolyn Breckenridge on 8/24/12 8:05pm
Msg #431909

J.B. Nutter File

This is closing tomorrow at 9:00 AM. I didn't get the order until late this afternoon. I tried to call the borrowers twice and no return call yet. Normally, I don't print the documents until I receive the confirmation. I think I am glad that I did. This is a Florida property. Read the instructions below:

#2 read: We will need two people to act as witnesses. They will need to print their names under the signature lines exactly the way they are signing.

#3 reads: If this is a Florida Property, Witnesses must print their names and Social Securty Numbers under the signature lines.

Now I have an issue with this, I have never heard to a lender requiring the witnesses SS numbers printed on the mortgage. I am not going to do this nor am I going to ask another witness to do this. I have an urgent call into the title company.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

Reply by MW/VA on 8/24/12 8:08pm
Msg #431912

I've never seen a requirement for witnesses to supply a

ss # either. I hope some FL notaries reply to this. JB Nutter files can be a PIA.

Reply by Carolyn Breckenridge on 8/24/12 8:37pm
Msg #431919

Re: I've never seen a requirement for witnesses to supply a

I just got a call from the Title Company to disregard this. 10 Stars for the title company.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/24/12 8:55pm
Msg #431922

That's good, as SS & DL numbers would just be

redacted when it comes time to record. That is the law here as anyone can view recorded docs....anyone.

Reply by desktopfull on 8/24/12 11:24pm
Msg #431936

Witness SS#'s are not a requirement by FL, but they do require that names be printed under the signatures since many signature can't be read.

Reply by pat/WA on 8/25/12 10:26am
Msg #431974

witnesses

I don't believe it is the notary's responsibility to provide witnesses. If so, it should not be included in the quoted notary fee

Reply by Luckydog on 8/26/12 10:59am
Msg #432065

Re: witnesses

Never heard of that, and would NEVER have a witness do that. JB Nutter packages are very "picky" and I have done them in the past, and never req or said that. As for witnesses, I believe the buyer should be responsible for that, not the notary.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.