Notary Rotary
Journal Entries come in handy
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 8/19/12 4:16pm
Msg #431050

Remember this story a few years back....

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5095429-504083.html

Skylar Deleon, a former Ditech employee, had illusions of grandeur...Skylar paid a notary $2K to notarize a the Purchase and Sale Agreement for the yacht saying the owners appeared before a notary and executed the Agreement, UNDER THE PENALTY OF PERJURY. Hmmmm. These people were tied to their yacht anchor and drowned after pleading for their lives. The FBI interrogated this notary half a dozen times, she maintained time and time again the folks PERSONALLY APPEARED BEFORE HER. Where was the entry in her journal.....nada.

Who can request copies of your journal entries...any one with a big stake/interest in transfer of high ticket luxury assets, property, etc. Attorney, judge, DA. Since we are public officials and act to prevent fraud more than anything, what was this notary thinking....do you think she's a notary public today....not a chance. She made a big judgement error, all on the premise of earning $2K fast cash. Man, I would have been asking a lot of questions, and I would have hotfooted it to the DA's office had I been asked to do this notary.

The notary above finally brought the $2K into the FBI and confessed these people never appeared before her. She never met them. Skylar was convicted of murder along with his "body guard" whom he introducted as his "financial advisor" who actually tossed the couple into the water bound to the anchor.

Reply by 101livescan on 8/19/12 4:36pm
Msg #431052

This is a perfect example of how doing something you know is

wrong, can come back to haunt you!

http://crime.freedomblogging.com/2008/10/08/yacht-case-notary-said-she-lied-because-she-was-scared/1075/

Yacht case notary said she lied because she was scared
October 8th, 2008, 4:45 pm · 10 Comments · posted by Larry Welborn
A notary testified Wednesday that she repeatedly lied to detectives about falsely claiming she witnessed a Newport Beach couple sign sales documents to their yacht because she was scared that she and her family would be killed.

Kathleen Harris told a jury that she agreed to backdate sales documents signed by Thomas and Jackie Hawks in November 2004 after she was given a wad of $100 bills by Skylar Deleon, a former child actor who is now on trial for murdering the Hawkses and a third man.

Harris said that by the time she realized that the couple was missing and presumed dead, she had been told by a friend that Deleon was a professional killer with connections to the Mexican Mafia.

“I wanted to tell the truth, but I was scared for my life,” Harris told the jury. “I was going to do whatever I had to do for me and my family not to be killed.”

She said she was told to stick to a story that she witnessed the Hawkses signing sales documents for their yacht, the Well Deserved, in Newport Beach on Nov. 15, 2004 — the day they disappeared.

But in reality, Harris never met the Hawkses, and notarized the documents in a hotel room on Nov. 22, 2004 –- a week after Deleon and his henchmen allegedly forced Thomas and Jackie Hawks to sign the sales documents before tying them to an anchor and throwing them overboard.

Harris, who is no longer a notary, stuck to story for five or six interviews with detectives until she finally got up the nerve to tell the truth.

Reply by 101livescan on 8/19/12 4:36pm
Msg #431053

This is a perfect example of how doing something you know is wrong, can come back to haunt you!

http://crime.freedomblogging.com/2008/10/08/yacht-case-notary-said-she-lied-because-she-was-scared/1075/

Yacht case notary said she lied because she was scared
October 8th, 2008, 4:45 pm · 10 Comments · posted by Larry Welborn
A notary testified Wednesday that she repeatedly lied to detectives about falsely claiming she witnessed a Newport Beach couple sign sales documents to their yacht because she was scared that she and her family would be killed.

Kathleen Harris told a jury that she agreed to backdate sales documents signed by Thomas and Jackie Hawks in November 2004 after she was given a wad of $100 bills by Skylar Deleon, a former child actor who is now on trial for murdering the Hawkses and a third man.

Harris said that by the time she realized that the couple was missing and presumed dead, she had been told by a friend that Deleon was a professional killer with connections to the Mexican Mafia.

“I wanted to tell the truth, but I was scared for my life,” Harris told the jury. “I was going to do whatever I had to do for me and my family not to be killed.”

She said she was told to stick to a story that she witnessed the Hawkses signing sales documents for their yacht, the Well Deserved, in Newport Beach on Nov. 15, 2004 — the day they disappeared.

But in reality, Harris never met the Hawkses, and notarized the documents in a hotel room on Nov. 22, 2004 –- a week after Deleon and his henchmen allegedly forced Thomas and Jackie Hawks to sign the sales documents before tying them to an anchor and throwing them overboard.

Harris, who is no longer a notary, stuck to story for five or six interviews with detectives until she finally got up the nerve to tell the truth.

Reply by Robert Williams on 8/19/12 6:48pm
Msg #431067

Wow!

Sure beats anything I've ever been asked to do.

Reply by janCA on 8/20/12 8:52am
Msg #431095

I have seen this full story on the ID channel, which I hate to admit, I watch religiously. It is so heartbreaking. It is the son of the couple that tells the story of his parents, how wonderful they were, how much in love they were, how they adored their grandchildren. They died in a very horrific and senseless way. All from greed.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.