Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just bought chocolate bars, graham crackers and m'mallows!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by GOLDGIRL/CA on 8/31/12 7:24pm
Msg #432688

I occasionally get overnite loan pkgs from this San Francisco-Bay Area bank. Included is the borrower's printed copy, of course. I recently had this nutty signer who kept screwing up his signature bad. And it has to be really bad before I'll swap out from their copy (except Provident, of course!). Anyway, imagine my surprise to discover that his copy did not include either of the two pages I was looking for. So, the bank provided a selective borrower copy. Additionally, the bank also printed the 4506T and W9 front and back - both sets. This is a BANK obviously trying to save a little paper!

I've seen this selective copy stuff before; additionally, I've seen (and heard of) TCs who e-mail the borrower copy, not requiring the notary to print. And I've had a couple of jobs where the borrower selects at the signing how they want to receive their copy - either CD, e-mail or (if they insist), a paper copy to be mailed later.

I find this all very interesting, especially in light of the occasional NR post about what our responsibility is as far as providing a "complete" borrower copy. There was a recent post about this very subject with several interesting, informative responses ... followed by the predictable stern school marm admonition that if you're not printing an EXACT copy then you are a negligent notary (I think the phrase "due diligence" actually was used!) and should get out of the business and die a miserable death. Huff huff.

Obviously, the "old ways" are not working well, prompting even the big dogs to think outside the box about who gets what when it comes to a copy. And if it's good for the goose, well, then it should be good for us, too. I have attempted a few times over the years to find the exact RESPA requirement that spells out what the borrower is to receive and in what form they are to receive it and have never found a thing!. Usually I get a headache after wading through the endless lending regulations and give up. I wouldn't be surprised if there is no such requirement as we "know" it, and I will come to the house and fix primo s'mores to the first notary who can point out chapter and verse and any subsequent amendment(s).

Reply by jba/fl on 8/31/12 8:04pm
Msg #432690

Did you get the Giant Roasters Marshmallows from Campfire? I would be more inclined to search for them. Also, put them in the microwave for 8 seconds, flip them over for 3 seconds, drizzle with the chocolate and forget the graham crackers and have a primo sugar rush. Oh, yum.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 8/31/12 8:07pm
Msg #432692

Oooooh! Forget the dang bwr copies! Let's just pig out! n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 8/31/12 8:11pm
Msg #432695

I'm in! got one in my mouth right now! LOL n/m

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 8/31/12 8:12pm
Msg #432696

Re: I'm in! got one in my mouth right now! LOL

I agree lets pig out and enjoy this without any quilt..I dont have marshmellows..but I do have chocolate! Yum

Reply by Paul2_FL on 8/31/12 9:30pm
Msg #432710

I have nothing to add to the point of your message but found your sentence below puzzling:

"I recently had this nutty signer who kept screwing up his signature bad. And it has to be really bad before I'll swap out from their copy".

How does someone screw up their signature? Their signature is their signature! Am I missing something here?

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 9/1/12 12:40am
Msg #432722

He was supposed to sign (for example): Jonathan Beezwax Homeowner. ..which he occasionally did. But then he'd sign: Jon Homeowner or Jon B. Homeowner ... so, then he'd go back and try to squeeze "Beezwax" in between his first and last name and add "athan" onto his first name. Only there was no room for any of that, so he would wrote OVER "Jon" and over "Homeowner" until the whole mess looked like spaghetti soup. Now, if it looked like spaghetti soup on each doc, no problem ... but sometimes he signed correctly, which one could clearly see, and then other times he just lost it. So much for consistency ....

Reply by Paul2_FL on 9/1/12 7:25am
Msg #432732

Thanks! I had a feeling that's what you meant. I run into this all the time especially where the borrower is suppose to include his/her middle initial. Their license will show that at one time they did it that way but now they don't. Frustrating...

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/1/12 10:22am
Msg #432750

Some people, geez!
When I get these folks, I point to the signature line for every doc, saying: this is where you sign "Jonathan Beezwax Homeowner. Today's date is August 31, 2012."
Usually they get it right by themselves by 1/3 of the package. Smile

Reply by rengel/CA on 9/1/12 10:52am
Msg #432751

Come on over, I just bought a cotton candy machine

Yep, the commercial type! And I know you are I my area. Found it on Craigslist inNewcastle
The youth group from my church is going to be psyched when they see it at our Fall Festival.

My .02

Reply by jba/fl on 9/1/12 11:57am
Msg #432753

OMG - a real sugar fest! Whoohoo! n/m

Reply by rengel/CA on 9/1/12 4:47pm
Msg #432765

Come on over, I just bought a cotton candy machine

Yep, the commercial type! And I know you are I my area. Found it on Craigslist inNewcastle
The youth group from my church is going to be psyched when they see it at our Fall Festival.

My .02

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.