Notary Rotary
Just lost a customer today
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by ME/NJ on 8/16/12 4:26pm
Msg #430735

I did a Provident loan last month, most of you know they are a PITA. I had an issue with mine and lost half my fee. They called today and when I got the confirm it was guess who. They emailed me to say it was a Provident and I replied I was not happy with it.

They are looking for someone else which I am sure they will find, but also informed almost all deals are Provident.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/16/12 4:42pm
Msg #430737

I just looked that up. So you fixed your error, shipped it back on your dime, and it still cost you half your fee?

Reply by A S Johnson on 8/16/12 4:54pm
Msg #430739

It seems to me you are the winner. Why was you fee reduced?
I have supected Provident of using the "reduced fee" as a ploy to get lower rates.
I will not take them because of their PIA policies.

Reply by ME/NJ on 8/16/12 5:12pm
Msg #430742

They sent a label, not like that helped

It was a issue that could of been resolved without me, plus dangle the loan won't fund unless you do it.

The SS is great, they are following the rules set by provident. Shame someone else can have it, not worth the headaches.

Reply by LKT/CA on 8/16/12 6:26pm
Msg #430757

Re: They sent a label, not like that helped

I hear nothing but nightmare stories about loans originated by Provident. Who wants that drama?

Reply by Philip Johnson on 8/16/12 6:49pm
Msg #430759

Fifteen in the last two months

Letter size paper, black ink, no cross-outs, pay attention, no problems.

Reply by anotaryinva on 8/16/12 6:54pm
Msg #430760

One in the last week

I have read about the nightmares about Provident, had one last week, fingers crossed it won't get kicked back. What exactly was the issue?

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/16/12 7:33pm
Msg #430761

Black ink? I thought Provident requires blue? n/m

Reply by ananotary on 8/16/12 7:40pm
Msg #430762

I agree, I understand they are a PITA but being extra

Careful to follow the instructions and I haven't had any problems. Crossing my fingers. lol

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 8/16/12 8:46pm
Msg #430764

I have never had any problems with Provident

I just pay battention to what I am doing and everything works out great!

Reply by CJ on 8/16/12 10:45pm
Msg #430771

I've eaten many jobs.

I've been a mobile notary since 2001. I estimate I have done over 11,000 signings. Some went great and they gush that I am a god-send. Others went terribly wrong and they think I am the stupidest notary EVER!

When they go terribly wrong, I just suck it up, jump through whatever hoops they like, pay for the return shipping, and tell them "no charge" for the job.

For example, one time they needed a signature I missed, but the people were out of state. I offered to pay for Fed Ex out and back to cover my error. (I over heard the SS take the credit and say say to his client on the other phone, "Yes our notary made a mistake, but WE are fixing it.) Of course I didn't make any money on that, but everyone was happy. I've learned, after the dust settles and everyone cools off, a new job comes up and they call me back. However badly I've botched a job, I make it right, and I do it with a smile (why not? You have to fix it anyway). I tell them,"I'd LOVE to go back and get that signature! I was going to be in that part of town today anyway!"

Another time when I botched the job, I told the SS that I would not charge her. She hissed through clenched teeth, "Oh, you can bet I am not paying you for THIS!! And you are never working for us again!" But I fixed it so well (went back and got corrected signatures and still shipped on time) and title never found out there was any problem. They paid the SS and I got paid for the job after all. Three months later she calls me back, and says tensly, "Would you like to redeem yourself?" I guess she was pretty desprate. Now she sends me steady work.

Another time, I forgot to drop the docs, and the SS insisted that I drive it 3 hours to the title company. (And 3 hours back after that.) I was SO livid (but is was my mistake). I wrote to them and said, "Don't you EVER call me again!" A couple months later, I was missing the money, so I called them and said "I'm back from vacation". They sent me work right away.

So what is worse: losing half your fee? Or losing all future work? Just fix it, suck it up and don't make THAT mistake again. Smile

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 8/16/12 10:59pm
Msg #430773

Re: I've eaten many jobs.

Geez, CJ, you have more notary lives than a cat! Good for you!

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/17/12 6:40am
Msg #430778

Re: I've eaten many jobs.

You're averaging 3-4 signings a day. That's great.

Reply by CJ on 8/17/12 9:19am
Msg #430790

I figure you gotta keep the customer happy . . .

. . . if you want repeat work. So I fix the problem, don't charge for my error, and do it with a smile. This isn't a "fun, little, part-time hobby", like the borrowers think it is.

Smile

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 8/17/12 11:44am
Msg #430809

What a fantastic attitude.... n/m

Reply by CJ on 8/17/12 12:03pm
Msg #430811

I wish people who waited on me had the same attitude.

Like Day's Inn Modesto who would not refund a measly $64 when we found bed bugs and left.
(You bet I'm going to put that on their review.)

Reply by StaceyB/NJ on 8/17/12 2:41pm
Msg #430852

Re: I wish people who waited on me had the same attitude.

Hate Provident...don't breath on the paper too hard, if the borrower jerks his signature, give another page to sign, only they can date the docs. I cringe when I hear Provident though depending on the title or signing company, sometimes they're not as bad I'm finding.

Reply by RalphNC on 9/16/12 2:49pm
Msg #434631

our company policy is to turn down all Provident loans. signers are nervous enough without trying to have them sign "perfectly" the way Provident wants. People is people.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.