Notary Rotary
Loan Processing Center now charging $5 to pay you
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by desktopfull on 8/27/12 4:15pm
Msg #432156

They reduce your fee $5 for having to pay you by check. A new low for the low-ballers. They'll meet your fee when no one will accept their low fee, but watch out, they charge you for paying you, unless you give them access to your bank account.

Reply by ME/NJ on 8/27/12 4:22pm
Msg #432158

Plenty of people say yes to them and at a low/slow rate

I check the schedule and know some who works Ocean/Monmouth/Burlington says yes to 70 all the time. they also have people in North Jersey who say yes all the time.

Reply by GinaKY on 8/27/12 6:03pm
Msg #432166

Please do not post false information about our company. What you posted is a flat out lie. We do not, and have never charged $5 or any amount to send a check. Please tell me where you are getting your information.

Reply by desktopfull on 8/27/12 6:36pm
Msg #432167

This is not a lie! My fee was shorted $5 on a closing I did for your company, called and was told that was the fee for writing a check instead of using an ACH deposit into my bank account. Your company wanted to do ACH deposits into my bank account and I was notified that this company would be charging a fee for paying by check, but they didn't know what the fee would be at the time. I would like to see you try and deduct that same $5 fee when paying your utility or phone bill.

Reply by GinaKY on 8/27/12 6:51pm
Msg #432169

Our company tossed around the idea of charging a .50 fee for checks before we even rolled out the ACH program. 3 weeks before the program rolled out, they threw that out of the window. We have NEVER charged anyone a fee for a check or for ACH. Please tell me who you spoke to in our office.

Reply by desktopfull on 8/27/12 6:55pm
Msg #432170

I'll call you tomorrow, I've got to leave for a closing right now.

Reply by GinaKY on 8/27/12 6:57pm
Msg #432172

That sounds great, it is EOM and we are pretty swamped also - I look forward to your call.

Reply by rodman on 12/21/12 2:19pm
Msg #447399

I got a reply from Lacy Nally that I did not produce an invoice for a closing I performed on 09/08/2012 and therefore I was charged $5.00 as per your stated policy.

You provide a form which is called "Closer Notification and Invoice" which was sent back the next day and I have email proof of all these communications. I fully expected to get paid for the agreed price and I would not like to get some "mumbo jumbo" about invoicing. Not a very professional way of doing business, even for a lousy 5 bucks.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/27/12 9:02pm
Msg #432180

I hope you get it cleared up. I don't think it's legal to

charge a check fee, anymore than it's legal for merchants to pass on their credit card processing fees.

Reply by ME/NJ on 8/27/12 9:28pm
Msg #432184

Not legal at all to charge you a fee to pay for your service

If you agree to 100 dollars for a service, companies cannot pay you 95 and say we are charging you 5 dollars to pay you.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 8/27/12 10:26pm
Msg #432189

Re: I hope you get it cleared up. I don't think it's legal to

Unless there's a specific law in your state that prohibits this, it's legal. Maybe not ethical, but legal.

Credit card processing fees are between the credit card company and the merchant - there are rules about charging a customer extra for using their credit card or requiring a minimum purchase, but those are rules, not laws.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 8/27/12 10:31pm
Msg #432190

Re: I hope you get it cleared up. I don't think it's legal to

I had to edit the above post four times before NR would accept it - I kept getting a message that "There is a problem with your post", with no info about what that problem was. Apparently, you're not allowed to use the names of credit cards companies or certain phrases about them - blind censorship at its best...

Reply by Carol Vidovic on 9/26/12 1:03am
Msg #435927

I just did a signing for this company - the actual wording is, "Notary's that request a paper check sent to them will be charged up to $1.50 for the processing of the payment, also these payments will be processed LAST in our payment cycle".

So not only are they charging to send a check, they are holding the money until the last payment cycle! I for one am not going to give them my bank account nor am I going to open a separate bank account like they suggest.

Here is my thought - if I can electronically pay bills on line for free so can they.

I'll wait and see what happens and if they charge me the fee.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.