Notary Rotary
Marketing for my day - new idea for me.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by jba/fl on 8/16/12 3:55pm
Msg #430731

I had a sheet of coupons for McDonald's that I just finished cutting apart to keep in case the grandkids needed to eat while visiting and me wanting to treat them to the playground inside. I got a call for GNW and since the nearest McD's is my satellite office with no travel charge my client opted for that choice, also as he was going to eat lunch there. I grabbed a stack of business cards and my seal and off I went.

As I was pulling in the big idea hit me. We signed, I offered my business cards and asked what he was eating for lunch, then gave him the corresponding coupon. He was grateful and surprised and his reaction was priceless.

So, thinking, thinking, I proceeded to pass out all the rest of my coupons for the various items along with my business card with each. I'm seeing that these people are here eating and school is ready to start back next week - GNW is everywhere. Only time will tell if this gets me any further business, but any type of advertising has that same element attached to it. Am going to try this again...McD's coupons at McD'sd; Burger King @ BK.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 8/16/12 4:18pm
Msg #430734

How do you get all the coupons?

Reply by jba/fl on 8/16/12 4:49pm
Msg #430738

They came on a sheet in the local advertising paper. About 20 one page. Good enough to get my name out there 20 times today. Was thinking I need to ask neighbors for what they don't use....

Reply by Karla/OR on 8/16/12 7:58pm
Msg #430763

Great thinking! Hope it brings you loads of business! n/m

Reply by Michelle/AL on 8/16/12 9:47pm
Msg #430767

You're Right About School

Good for you, jba/fl. One year I faxed a one-page flyer to area schools - the principal's office. My contact info made its way to several desperate parents in need of that consent form being notarized. I also checked into advertising at the school athletic fields but was blown away by how much the middle schools charged for a sign to be posted.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 8/17/12 8:40pm
Msg #430886

Re: You're Right About School

Back to school is the perfect time to create goodwill in the community. I just sent out a notice to area schools/libraries that I'd try to be available for a couple of weeks for notarizations. BTW, any VA notaries want to volunteer?? (: THANKS in advance!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.