Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Moral of this story: unconfirm even if u've never confirmed!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by GOLDGIRL/CA on 8/29/12 10:04pm
Msg #432452

Got a call for a last-minute signing. Docs quickly arrive - they're a mess in more ways than one. Call SS who clearly sees dox cannot be fixed anytime soon; need to go back to square one with lender. SS says TC will call borrower to cancel. I'm thinking, good, I hope so. In any case, makes no difference to me because I had never even had a moment to call borrower to confirm, so I certainly don't need to call to unconfirm. WRONG! 15 mins after borrower was expecting the notary, I get a call from her asking when I'll be there. Yikes! In other words, the TC (I guess) had actually already given the borrower my number (I'm not real happy about that) and then never bothered to call to cancel. What is happening?

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/29/12 10:26pm
Msg #432453

I've been called by borrower Before I even get the confirmation with Their name. I don't even know their name yet and they are calling.

Reply by OR on 8/29/12 10:29pm
Msg #432455

I been told by SS if I ever till the borrower that the signing cancled they would fire me. Go figure. I always tell who every calls me that it is their job to call the borrowers. I used to call all the time but not any more.

Reply by Karla/OR on 8/30/12 2:19am
Msg #432465

JoAnn, that's my experience as well. n/m

Reply by janCA on 8/30/12 8:59am
Msg #432478

You' n/m

Reply by janCA on 8/30/12 9:01am
Msg #432479

Re: You'

sorry, about that.

what I was starting to say is that you cannot be fired from anyone. You're an independent contractor, not an employee of that company.

Reply by Karla/OR on 8/30/12 1:36pm
Msg #432540

Re: You'

I think they use the word "fired" loosely. NSA's are pretty much aware we are only contracted and can't be fired. However, not being called by them for a signing ever again gives the same sort of connotation as being fired. Hello!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.