Notary Rotary
Mortgage Connect
Notary Discussion History

Mortgage Connect
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Neil L. Kleeger on 8/3/12 8:42pm
Msg #429289

Mortgage Connect

I would never work for these @#$%^%$# no matter how much or how they paid. It's time for notaries to do the same.

They lie, cheat and steal.

Reply by ME/NJ on 8/3/12 9:53pm
Msg #429298

Sure hope you can back that all up in court

Company can go after you now that you slammed them on a public board and the whole world can see.

Reply by cawest/PA on 8/4/12 7:52am
Msg #429320

Re: Sure hope you can back that all up in court

I am pretty sure that this poster can find other notaries to back him up. Did a few jobs for them a few months ago and they met my fee however after I faxed them my invoice and waited and waited to get paid I gave them a call to be told my check had been issued a week or so earlier, so I gave it another week waiting than emailed them to let them know and got this email for reply :
*See if they can check at the post office. They have gotten and cashed every other check. I don’t want to stop pay because its expensive. I don’t want to reissue and find out later on both checks are cashed. Let me know and we’ll figure it out.*
Yes I have cashed every other check as I DID RECEIVE them!!!! I took that very personally and emailed them that I had decided to cut ties with them (first at all it is really hard to get them to meet a fee and I never really did that much work for them)
Than I get an email :
*The check has not been cashed. If you do receive this check please destroy or send back. I am processing the vendor payment tomorrow. Instead of faxing your invoice could you please send it directly to me and I will process upon receipt for you and add the last check’s funds to new check. I apologize for any inconvenience* (july 25th)
Still no check!
I also notice that several of their employees have quit to go to better companies ... there must be an issue wityh Mortgage Connect!

Reply by jba/fl on 8/4/12 7:57am
Msg #429321

Re: Sure hope you can back that all up in court

Speaking truthfully is not slander, libel or "slamming".

You may want to further your law education or stay awake in class.

Reply by ME/NJ on 8/4/12 9:20am
Msg #429330

Burden of proof is with poster

Like I said hope he can back up his claims. Yes he has slandered company if they wanted to press the issue.

I do one -two a month for them follow there directions (including billing at EOM) to the letter and never an issue with payment.

Reply by cawest/PA on 8/4/12 9:49am
Msg #429336

Re: Burden of proof is with poster

And I am sure that if he needed to back it up he would be able to do so as it appears that other notaries are having issues as well. I will not slander them with means words in here but my documents are ready to be filled in Court (picked them up yesterday and filled them in) and wednesday being my day off I will be filling.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/4/12 10:40am
Msg #429340

Re: Burden of proof is with poster

If it’s true it isn’t slander. Your experience may differ from his. There are some that habitually do not pay those far away, but that do pay those near, and some only after many threats. A decent legitimate company pays for services correctly done, without making it as difficult as possible to follow some incongruous rules to eventually get your money. People that WANT my services need to WANT to pay for them, not look into every conservable way to avoid paying for something without which they could not exist. If they call me…I’m busy!

Reply by loancloser46 on 8/3/12 11:20pm
Msg #429302

Same experience here......signing services go away please!!!

They were horrible to collect money from. Worked for them once and it took 60 plus days to get paid after many phone calls that were not returned and emails that were ignored. Do not want to hear a rebuttal about "not sending in an invoice, W9, etc...... that was all done upon accepting appointment. I am an "old pro" at this, not a newbie.

I wish signing services would be outlawed in this industry.

If there was really serious concern for borrowers/buyers/sellers privacy these third party entities would be out of the equation.
Why have another group of people involved in the loan closing process ( who are not necessary) see the personal information of our clients?????
Occasionally docs are forwarded right from title when doing business through a signing service but for the most part I receive them via the ss.
They have no business seeing this personal info and I feel very strongly that if the public had any idea how freely their personal information is emailed around they would be more than a little pissed off about it.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/3/12 11:34pm
Msg #429306

Re: Same experience here......signing services go away please!!!

I don’t dispute that there are many many people in this business that should not be. And many deadbeats, liars, thieves, and just simply conniving crooked scum….but……
Most legitimate SS’s have a secure web site. They also carry business insurance (not just O&E) they are contracted to/and paid by the Title Company/Lender to get the documents signed, and back to them. They in turn sub-contract to you. They have just as much business having the “borrower’s information” as you do. What’s your beef? And what planet do you come from?

Reply by 101livescan on 8/4/12 8:02am
Msg #429322

I don't think I've ever been snookered into working for them. Thank you, Neil, for posting this about Mortgage Connect.

It is the only way we can possibly be on top of who the snakes are in this business. It's just incomprehensible how these companies can stay in business.

In a few days, I'll be working on my list of DNAs (do not answer companies) in my contacts and they'll be at the top of the list, along with, SOX, Notaries Direct, Safir/Genuine.

I hope they choke on our money.

Have a great weekend, everyone. A sage Chairman of the Board of a Bank I worked for in the 90s told me once, EXPERIENCE IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DON'T GET PAID. But, I say, who needs that kind of experience.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/4/12 9:40am
Msg #429335

Yes, thanks for the post.....Someone once said “Smart people learn from the mistakes of others.” That’s the kind of experience I want. Read and learn.

Reply by ToniK on 8/4/12 10:37am
Msg #429339

I havent had any major issues with MortgageConnect

They used to be one of my biggest clients and met my fee of $XXX until recently where now all they want to pay is $75 and require between 10-30 pages of faxbacks and loan pkgs the size of 150+pgs.

Only issue I had was when I was $1200 due in invoices from June-July. Found out the accounting guy Gabe no longer works there and now Jaclyn is handling all accounting. They always paid me on time aside from this last time and paid on a 30 day schedule. Sorry you are having issues with them.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 8/4/12 10:51am
Msg #429343

I didn't hear that they'd dropped fees so drastically.

I wonder if that's a regional thing? I worked for them in June and they met my fees.

Reply by ToniK on 8/4/12 10:54am
Msg #429346

Re: I didn't hear that they'd dropped fees so drastically.

Dont know, I live in VA and they called me twice about dropping my fees as they claim to be pressured by Management to only pay $75. But then again there are alot of notaries in my locale who will take those low fees. I havent budged on my fees and they call me less now.

Reply by cawest/PA on 8/4/12 10:58am
Msg #429347

Re: I havent had any major issues with MortgageConnect

I have Lawrence in charge of accounting and yes things changed when Gabe Caputo and Jamie left the company.

Reply by ToniK on 8/4/12 11:11am
Msg #429349

Jamie left too? Wow! didnt know that.

Reply by cawest/PA on 8/4/12 11:32am
Msg #429351

Yes he did ... so nobody really left there that seems to be willing to meet fees and when they meet it is pulling teeth to get paid.

Reply by ToniK on 8/4/12 4:54pm
Msg #429362

Well have you contacted Jaclyn Fox and send her an invoice? I sent her an invoice after she told me Gabe no longer worked there and I got paid within 2 weeks. Partially but at least I got paid for the June signings. But she did respond promptly. I actually liked Mortgageconnect but not since they trying to reduce fees.

Reply by cawest/PA on 8/4/12 7:03pm
Msg #429368

Will try that Jaclyn but all my emails are coming from a Lawrence Kawluza

Reply by Jessica Ward on 8/4/12 10:48am
Msg #429342

I've worked for them over a year. Average days to pay 36

No fee problems, no scheduling problems, no payment problems. Sure, 30 days is more than I'd like. My average days to collect across all clients is just 21, so they're on the long end of things, but they also have a monthly invoicing system.

Are you following their invoicing protocols and submitting a monthly invoice via fax?

Reply by cawest/PA on 8/4/12 11:02am
Msg #429348

Re: I've worked for them over a year. Average days to pay 36

If you read my message, yes I did invoice and by their own admission the check was mailed out and never cashed and to expensive to put a stop pmt on! They also suggested I should go to the Post Office to see if it was not there because putting a stop pmt was expensive and also suggested that if they would issue another check I might cash both because I had cashed my previous checks from them ... well yes, if I get a check in the mail I will deposit it ... what do they expect me to do : Frame it for *souvenir* ? But in this case the check never made it into my mailbox and now they are dragging their feet on issuing a new one ... that is why my papers are ready to be filled in Court!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.