Notary Rotary
NNA Certified Mobile Notary
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Carla Abraham on 8/13/12 1:12pm
Msg #430295

Why is it, if you aren't a PAID member here, you don't get any assignments. I have NEVER paid to have a job, so why start now? You are looking for Certified Mobile Notories, and we don't make enough money to PAY to get assignments. Anyone agree???

Reply by MW/VA on 8/13/12 1:22pm
Msg #430300

I'm confused by your post. Who are you directing

it at, NNA or NR?
Yes, most of us do pay for advertising on the major listing sites. This is a business, not a job, and there are appropriate expenses involved.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/13/12 1:26pm
Msg #430305

I just read your profile, Carla, and realize you are

confused about NR. NR isn't a signing service, and doesn't hire you. It's a listing site where companies come to look for notaries in any given area. Yes, it does pay to list here. It's one of my best sources of business. The advertising here is cheap compared to another site, who name I won't mention because it is a competitor of NR.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/13/12 2:13pm
Msg #430311

I agree, never pay for work,but as others have said what one

pays for here is advertising.
If you are looking for work, you may want to delete the NNA part of “certified” in your profile. Many believe the NNA gives bad and incorrect advice. Being “certified’ by an organization that is infamous for their ‘notary mills,’ cares only about their profit, and in the opinion of many has been a bane to the Notary Signing Agent business as a whole, and is not a sterling endorsement, nor a reflection of useful knowledge gained. JMO

Reply by MW/VA on 8/13/12 3:16pm
Msg #430329

I agree--try listing your experience in your profile. n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/13/12 5:42pm
Msg #430346

Re: I agree, never pay for work,but as others have said what one

I would also delete the reference to not having received work from here. A profile like what we post here should only have positive statements in it. Also, it might be fair to add that not everyone gets lots of business from this site. It depends on where you're located. I'm in a fairly high-density area, where Search Engine Optimization is expensive, and Notary Rotary doesn't always come up on the first page. I seldom get calls from here, even though I have a paid listing and am in the first position.

Having said that, I consider it well worth it to pay to be a Premier Member here, which I've done for many years. Not only do I find this forum very worthwhile and want to support it, but as a Premier Member, we also get substantial discounts on notary supplies and other benefits. But I've been doing this work for about 10 years now and I'm not sure what I'd do if I were just starting out now. Check the listings for other people in your area and see how much competition you have. It very well could be the very best investment in your business you make. Like anything else, though, it pays to do your research.

Reply by James Morgan on 8/14/12 1:52pm
Msg #430432

Re: I agree, never pay for work,but as others have said what one

Les,
You're probably right. I'd better go with the premium here. I'm on the other 2 "major" notary sites, premium member for years, and have gotten A LOT of business from them as I show up at the top and take anything "except low-baller assignments" they offer that doesn't conflict with my schedule. I do a good job and have mostly repeat business from the same SS's and TC's. I have been on here for many years as well, but as a basic member. I have never come up on the Notary Search for my area and have never been called for an assignment from NR. As a result, I didn't trust NR enough to be ensured I would show up on the premier list if I went that route.
Still thinking about it since I have sufficient business from the other 2 sites.

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 8/13/12 4:16pm
Msg #430336

Having read your profile I can see why nobody is calling you.

FYI- When we have to go outside our own network for coverage we use this site and call people on this site in order of the closest to the signing assignment. We do not give an ounce worth of consideration to whether someone pays for a premium listing or not. It is all based on proximity to the assignment for us.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 8/13/12 9:15pm
Msg #430356

Carla..Please re-read and hopefully redo your porifle!

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 8/13/12 9:16pm
Msg #430357

Sorry for the typo..I meant profile..

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.