Notary Rotary
National Loan Closings
Notary Discussion History

National Loan Closings
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Scotty/CA on 8/3/12 12:42pm
Msg #429254

National Loan Closings

Any words of wisdom on this company. Just checking to see if anyone else is waiting 6+ weeks for payments. This singing service are telling notaries that they have contracts with escrow companies, and have to wait for there money, this is why they can't pay their notaries in a timely manner. This is very disturbing, my husband was in this industry for over 18 years. When a escrow closes, all funds are disbursed, what is going on here? Anyone know why this is happening.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 8/3/12 12:54pm
Msg #429257

They are stringing you along.

Be firm, state your case, and follow through on everything you have stated to them.

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 8/3/12 12:54pm
Msg #429258

It doesn't matter what's going on with escrow...

Remind them they are a 3rd party vendor who has contracted you for a service. Whether escrow pays them or not is not your problem, it's theirs. (Unless you made an error causing a delay).
They need to pay you for services rendered and if they don't carry the capital to do so, they should not be in business.

Find yourself a good demand letter on line and send it over after 30 days.

Reply by Eva75Eva on 8/3/12 1:31pm
Msg #429263

That seems to be the norm with them, even with direct

deposit it takes that long. What frustrates me is how the payments for an entire month are split up into two payments. The first half for closings completed before the 15th of the month get paid in about 45 days. Then the second half for closings completed after the 15th come at around 60 days. I am still waiting for payment for the second half of June which I probably won't receive until the first week of September. For this reason I limit myself to one or two closings a month for NLC.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 8/3/12 1:40pm
Msg #429265

Their pay schedule:

From my notes: begins processing payments on 26th for prior month's signings dated 27th-25th
i.e. 7/27th thru 8/25th will be paid on 9/26th
checks received ~ 7th

To their credit, at least in my experience, they do pay. The trick is to take their signings only between the 20th and 25th of the month so I don't have to wait long on their payment.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/3/12 4:22pm
Msg #429274

Re: Their pay schedule:

I’m sorry! The trick is…??? You must call on Tuesday after a full noon between 2 PM and 4 PM to get paid?????? The trick IS DO NOT WORK FOR SOMEONE THAT CAN’T PAY YOU!!!!!! Tell these fly-by-nights; undercapitalized; work on the other guy’s dime; companies NO! If I work for you I get PAID. PERIOD! Not IF you have the money, not when you get paid, not if you feel like paying…Is there ANY other business that knowingly tolerates extending credit to known deadbeats, or those that don’t have $20 of their own money invested in their business. If they take your money and spend it on their salary/expenses, and don’t pay you…HA! HA! So what! The ONLY way we can rid OUR business of these people is to just say NO! NO credit will be extended to those that do not pay, and to those that can’t afford to pay us (unless someone else gives them the money) because OUR money that they got two weeks/ months ago has already been spent. This NSA business IS needed, and will be needed, and the sooner we close it to no-nothing ignorant notaries, and dishonest, or well meaning but broke individuals hoping to gain success on OUR time/expertise/and money the better off we will all be. And it’s EASY just say NO those that don’t pay, or can’t pay, or have a bad reputation.

Reply by Carolyn Breckenridge on 8/3/12 6:51pm
Msg #429281

Re: Their pay schedule:

Not only are the slow payers, but the low ball and want fax backs...no more.

Reply by RonA/CA on 8/7/12 11:10am
Msg #429621

This "scum-bag" signing service has not paid for a closing completed over two months ago. When calling the SS I asked for accounting and he said they're in a meeting. Same response I got when I called 2 weeks ago. He was arrogant and obviously lying about the check going out today. What a joke! Accepting any closings from National Loan Closings, Windsor Heights, IA will only result in not getting paid for your services.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.