Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Need a good program that will allow me to 'scan as a pdf'.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Lee/AR on 8/13/12 1:12pm
Msg #430294

Windows 7 doesn't have that like XP did. I have searched (here & 'net) 'til I am so confused... downloaded & uninstalled a few that either didn't work or had waaay too many steps and the end product was something I'd be ashamed to send. Think MicroSoft oughta be hung for not including that function. Don't want to buy the full Adobe program as I really have no use for it beyond this one feature.

I have a (4in1) HP scanner w/adf that works with W7 (except for no-longer-available "save as pdf"). I want to be able to 'scan all the faxbacks via the adf to one PDF file, attach to e-mail', send and be done with this.

Anybody????

Reply by Carla Abraham on 8/13/12 1:14pm
Msg #430296

Adobe 8 is a great one.

Reply by Calnotary on 8/13/12 1:25pm
Msg #430302

Have you tried to scan in what ever format you scan and then "print" with PrimoPDF just to convert it to a pdf file?

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/13/12 1:25pm
Msg #430303

http://cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

Free.

If you can print what you have scanned in one document, you can save to a pdf with this program.

Reply by Calnotary on 8/13/12 1:28pm
Msg #430306

Or here.

http://www.primopdf.com/

Reply by sueharke on 8/13/12 5:47pm
Msg #430347

I use "pdfcreator". It is a free program that works on Windows and linux.

Reply by TheCloser123 on 8/14/12 10:50am
Msg #430401

I use PaperPort. It has come free with all my Brother Printers. (love my Brother laser printers, they are cheap work horses) Awesome little program. Typically your printer software will have a free "scan to pdf" with it. Double check the installation CD that came with your HP. It may have something on it that you chose not to install when installing the drivers.

Reply by jnew on 8/14/12 10:45pm
Msg #430474

Agree with PaperPort, won't use a lot of image memory either n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.