Posted by HSH/WA on 8/10/12 4:06pm
Msg #430048

New to signing, been on search, need smart phone for NSA? n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/10/12 4:17pm
Msg #430052

Use orange Search button at top of the page for lots of info n/m

Reply by JPH13/MO on 8/10/12 4:20pm
Msg #430053

Are you asking if one is needed or which one to buy?

It's up to you if you want all the bells and whistles. I have gotten by without them. The few times I wished I had a speaker cell phone the borrower always did and was fine with calling a toll-free number to get answers to questions (so far only about odd items on purchase loan settlement statements).

If you are new, you would be better off spending money to get a paid listing on this site, and if you need education, go to Notary2Pro.com.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/10/12 4:38pm
Msg #430054

Re: Are you asking if one is needed or which one to buy?

If you need a notary in Kansas City, there are plenty to choose from.

JPH: not nice to refer competitors of Notary Rotary to another company. Notary Rotary has training materials as well....check the Library and Notary Public 101.

Reply by KimH/FL on 8/10/12 4:49pm
Msg #430055

Re: Are you asking if one is needed or which one to buy?

Not all states have a Notary101 course available.... I get the message in FL.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 8/10/12 5:05pm
Msg #430058

As with any business or profession there are tools that

qualify as "needs" and "wants". It does cost more to own than a standard cell phone, so you have to weigh the costs vs benefits according to your business needs. But here's my story:

I never needed one or really thought about getting one and did quite nicely with a standard cell phone. Then my kids got on me about texting. So, that's actually why I got a smart phone.

So now that I used one for a couple of years, I find that I leave my laptop at home most of the time. Am able to carry my contacts, receive email, phone calls, use apps to take a photo copy, then print it via bluetooth to a printer so equipped in my car if needed, all with just a standard data plan, rather than using a laptop card and another monthly fee to connect.

I still make sure I back the phone up to my computer each night, and I still am old school enough to carry a standard "Day Runner" planner and always write data down on real paper before I enter it into my phone. I also have the plastic pages to keep business cards (in alphabetical order).

So bottom line did I need it? No, and I still don't. Do I want it and does it save time in the long run? YES !!!!!!!

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 8/10/12 5:32pm
Msg #430063

Re: As with any business or profession there are tools that

I bought my Apple phone so I could take credit cards and wound up wondering why I didn't buy it a long time ago!

Like Glenn I use it constantly and I still have my day planner with me at all times.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.