Notary Rotary
Notaries Express Signing Agency; Walnut Creek, CA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by BillyJack/NC on 8/28/12 8:01am
Msg #432199

Beware of taking a closing from these nut cases, cause you won"t get paid!
Did a closing for them on 6-28-12, an investment property. 34 days later I contacted
them to see when I could expect to get paid; Their response was we will have to check with
Title to see if the loan funded: I said, that's unbelievable that you don't keep track of your accounts, and after 34 days you don't know if it funded! They said they would let me know
what title says, 9 days later, I asked them again, their response, haven't heard from title.
BUll S-----. 5 more days later contacted them again, and was told we will have to contact title
again!! I knew from the start of this, they were lying, and didn't want to committ and tell me
the loan didn't fund, instead they used title as an excuse to not want to pay me! Maybe their
broke or going out of business! I work for several good SS..but these jerks are the worst!
Iam glad this is the only invoice I have with them, and it's going to collection. Chicago title/
San Jose, is just as bad, they won't return calls..so they go to collection also !! It's 60 days
now and Notaries express won't return calls or emails! So fellow Notaries, watch out for these
clowns !!

Reply by BestFlCloser on 8/28/12 8:21am
Msg #432200

I also have an open invoice from 6/26/12 with no response from them as well. I'll get on them today.

Reply by NotaryOH on 8/28/12 8:44am
Msg #432203

When you mention, "they are going to collections", who do you use for collections? I need to collect on a payment from June from a signing for Hope for Home. I have sent follow-up emails to them and faxed the invoice several times. I am just curious what steps you're going to do to collect. (I know this topic has been discussed. However, I still feel at a loss as to how to collect since there is no Title Company as a "next step" to follow-up with since it's not a signing service that I'm collecting from.) I faxed them a letter saying that I am going to report it as "theft of services" to the Attorney General, but don't have the experience to figure out how to. It's bothering me (daily) but seems like such an uphill battle.

Reply by AliceM/MI on 8/28/12 9:06am
Msg #432205

A while back I reported a Co to the BBB, then I rec'd pay't.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/28/12 9:25am
Msg #432213

I have had excellent experience with NotExp

That includes one instance in which the circumstances could have been used to give cover to a company reluctant to pay, but there was no problem. Though I'm sorry you have had problems, I would work for them again.

Reply by Calnotary on 8/28/12 1:01pm
Msg #432260

Re: I have had excellent experience with NotExp

Have you seen their terms? No fund no pay. If borrower cancels you get nada.

Reply by lindetteh_PA on 8/28/12 1:30pm
Msg #432267

What does the loan funding have to do with you getting paid, unless you agreed to no fund no pay, which IMO is NEVER a good thing to do because of the expense if it legitimacy cancels, and it leaves the door wide open for companies to pull this crap.

Reply by Calnotary on 8/28/12 9:41pm
Msg #432329

IF you agreed to this policy maybe you will not be paid.

"Loan Documents need to be shipped back ASAP. Docs need to arrive at the title company NEXT business Day unless otherwise specified.
NotariesExpress can no longer pay for files that do not fund. If a mistake has been made by the notary, notary agrees to correct the mistake and
pay for shipping expenses or agrees to deduct $25.00 from the agreed signing fee. We do not tolerate solicitation to our clients. Please do not
send any business cards/marketing materials back with docs to title. It is not professional and your fee will be waived. ALL FIRST TIME
NOTARIES WILL NEED TO DO FAXBACKS TO XXXXXXXXXX. PLEASE CALL IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AT THE SIGNING
TABLE. PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK YOUR DOCUMENTS BEFORE YOU LEAVE APPOINTMENT AND BEFORE SHIPPING OUT.**
We pay 2 weeks after close of escrow. **If you have any questions or problems, please call our office. Our phones are transferred after hours
and on the weekends to one of our reps.** If docs are received by title with errors on them you will be charged $10 fee per error page and you
will be responsible for any fees to ship back next day air.**You truthfully state that you have done loan signings before, you are experienced
and professional. We have a 100% satisfaction- If there are any complaints and we have to waive or reduce our fee, you agree to waive or
reduce your fee. Also, if there are mistakes made that require a loan lock extension and you were responsible for the error, you agree to pay the
amount of the extension or we will file a claim with your EO company or your Bond company***By accepting this assignment you also agree
to the terms stated on the 14 page attachment sent along with this confirmation. For expedited payment please fax back your signed w-9 and
bond/ e&o policy."

I haven't work for them in years.

Reply by Gary Williamson on 9/28/12 9:42am
Msg #436272

I know it is frustrating to work for these guys sometimes, but they do eventually pay in about two months after working with Maria or Steve Stosen. Gary-California.

Reply by ARC/CA on 10/23/12 12:52pm
Msg #439907

It is true that they are a little slow at paying. But you should contact Steve Stosen ([e-mail address]). I had no success contacting accounting. They don't even take calls, just a black hole of a voicemail. I think sometimes SS companies forget that there is service to be provided on the back end of a transaction as well as the front end. Call or email Steve. He tends to get things straightened out. Email is a good paper trail. Good luck.

Reply by Micole Hughes on 11/3/12 3:02pm
Msg #442010

Have you received payment yet. I keep leaving messages and no one has called me back. When I took the assignment, I was told that i would get paid on the 15th of each month. I am still waiting and waiting on their accounting person to call me back. I know it has only been 3 days but I provided a service to them,so I am needing to get paid for it.

Reply by gdpete on 1/18/13 10:51am
Msg #451009

I accepted a signing from Notaries Express then saw the remarks here and called them back to decline. I spoke with Steve and he said that he would guarantee payment in 30 days and I did receive my payment in under 30 days. So it went "Okay" for this one!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.